AEA R84 Ribbon Microphone
- product images
- product info
- product specs
The AEA R84 Big Ribbon is a high quality, professional ribbon microphone inspired by the legendary RCA 44 ribbon microphone.
The AEA R84 has a bi-directional (figure of eight) polar pattern obtained through a 1.8 micron thick pure aluminium ribbon, the same as on the AEA R44. The Large Ribbon Geometry (LRG) design uses a ribbon measuring 4.7mm wide by 60mm high and ensures a quick response, ideal for capturing transients. Perfect for solo and accent work it delivers superb performance in all situations, delivering a natural, warm and rich sound that complements any instruments from brass instruments, strings, piano, percussion, guitars and much more.
The R84 ribbon microphone offers a superb frequency response with beautiful solid lows and clean highs all the way up to 20kHz, and is capable of handling more that 165dB SPL at higher frequencies. Difference in colour between the front and the back of the microphone is obtained by a difference in blast production and allows for subtle colouration. The rear side can also be used to better control excessive plosives.
AEA R84 Big Ribbon Microphone Overview:
- Pure natural sound with quick, smooth transients, just as you hear it when you place your mic in the studio
- Go-to mic for multiple recording situations!
- Versatility that lets you capture brass instruments, strings, piano, percussion or vocals
- Extended bass and treble that handles high SPLs at high frequencies and delivers the details without shoving anything in your face
- Reliable ribbon mic with wide dynamic range
- Large Ribbon Geometry (LRG), 2.35" by 0.185" by 2 micron pure aluminum low-tension ribbon
- Able to handle better than 165 dB SPL at higher frequencies
- Figure 8 pattern for duo recording convenience
- Includes shock mount, 10-foot cable and sturdy foam-lined carrying case
- Handmade in California, United States
|Short Description||High-quality, professional ribbon microphone inspired by the legendary RCA 44 ribbon microphone but improved to match modern recording requirements.|
|Demo in Store||Yes|
|Microphone Type||Ribbon Microphone|
|Valve / Solid State||No|
|High Pass Filter||No|
|Output Impedance||270 ohms|
- Related items / Alternative products
- Recently viewed items
Inc. VAT: £829.00 Ex. VAT: £690.83
Inc. VAT: £96.00 Ex. VAT: £80.00
Inc. VAT: £2.99 Ex. VAT: £2.49
Inc. VAT: £159.00 Ex. VAT: £132.50
Inc. VAT: £97.00 Ex. VAT: £80.83