The AEA SMT2 is a positioning bar for stereo microphone recording to give you greater control over imaging and consistent performance.
Calibrated for accurate recording positions, the SMT2 from Audio Engineering Associates allows you to position your microphones in various co-incident stereo arrays, particularly crossed pair or ORTF pairs.
Ruggedly-built, the AEA SMT2 helps you get consistent but easily adjustable and accurate stereo imaging, along with coherent and replicable phase results, every time.
If stereo miking for you has previously been a number of wobbly stands reaching vaguely out over the drum kit or piano, the SMT2 positioning bar from AEA shows you how to do it properly, accurately and easily.
AEA SMT2 Overview:
• Stereo Microphone Template Bar
• Allows ORTF (90-degree side-by-side mounting) and other near-coincident spacings and angles.
The AEA SMT2 Includes:
• 2 TA-2 adapters (F 3/8-16 to M 5/8-27)
• 2 Locking rings
• 4 3/8-16 socket cap screws
• 1 TA-3 adapter (F 5/8-27 to M 3/8-16)
• 1 Posi-Lok adjustable angle adapter
• "Stereo Microphone Perspectives" tutorial”