AEA TRP - The Ribbon Pre
- product images
- product info
- product specs
The AEA TRP is a high-input impedance two channel microphone pre-amp with fast response to both transients and overload recovery, specifically designed for ribbon microphones.
Simple to use, the AEA TRP pre-amp gives you Gain control, Level Control, HPF and phase reversal buttons for each channel. Phase reverse is particularly useful for setting your mikes up in a 'sum-and-difference', Mid & Side, pair, whilst the HPF allows you to govern the extent of the proximity effect when using close-miking applications.
By keeping the signal path to a minimum and using a specially designed JFET amplifier the AEA TRP can react quickly in the event of overload or in response to transients, as well as turning in ultra-low noise-floor figures for a clean, smooth response.
Audio Engineering Associates has done more to re-introduce classic ribbon microphone designs than almost anybody, for people who want the unique sound that their microphone range can bring - with the TRP, AEA provides you with the perfect preamp to complement them.
AEA TRP Overview:
- Gain is >83 dB at 1 kHz, balanced in to balanced out
- Positive polarity is pin 2 on XLRs, tip on 1/4" stereo jacks
- Balanced outputs clip above +28 dBu, 100k load
- THD at 1 KHz is .005% with 22 Hz to 22 kHz bandwidth
- EIN, A weighted noise figure is -130 dBu, 150 ohm input
- Microphone input electronics are DC coupled
- Mic inputs are zener protected from external P48 DC
- Mic inputs shut off while external DC is present
- High Pass filter is 12 dB per octave and -3 dB at 100 Hz
- Power supply provides two 17.25 VAC outputs
- No Phantom Power
- Gain switch is a 12 position Grayhill series 71
- Polarity reverse & High-pass pushbutton switches
- Power supply (P.S.) is external for minimum noise
- 115 VAC P.S. uses male grounded Edison power plug
- 230 VAC P.S. uses male recessed IEC power plug
- Power-on indication is by a front panel LED
- Finish is a tough, textured, black & gray powder coat
- Chassis is aluminum with rugged extruded endcaps
- Size: Half-rack wide, rack unit high 8.5" x 8.5" x 1.7"
- Weight: Chassis is 2 pounds, P.S. is 1.5 pounds
- Dual TRP steel rackshelf mounting option is 1 RU high
|Short Description||Two-channel low-noise high-gain preamp designed particularly for passive ribbon microphones.|
|Demo in Store||Yes|
|Valve / Solid State||Solid State|
|Channel Count||Dual Channel|
|Side Chain Input||No|
|High Pass Filter||12 dB per octave and -3 dB at 100 Hz|