The AnaMod AM660 Limiter is single channel solid state 500-Series module based on the mono Fairchild compressor.
With the Fairchild 660 compressor as its inspiration, the AnaMod AM660 has been designed to offer you that same legendary sound that graced classic recordings by the greatest engineers and bands of their day. But this one is a neat single channel unit and is ready to slip straight into your 500 Series rack.
As befits a classic recreation, the AnaMod AM660 has a beautiful vintage appearance with large VU meter and a simple control panel - switchable attack/release presets and an Input Gain and Threshold control are all that the Beatles needed - so that should be good enough for you to be getting along with, as well.
Emulating the smooth tone and subtle control and behaviour of the original using the AnaMod modelling process, has resulted in a fine-sounding, long sought-after piece of recording history being available for 500 Series racks with the AnaMod AM660.
AnaMod AM660 Limiter Overview:
• Input Impedance: 20KΩ, balanced
• Output Impedance: less than 50Ω
• Max. Output Level: +27dBu, balanced
• Input Gain: -15 to +15 dB
• Frequency Response: +/- 1 dB from 40Hz to 15kHz
• Noise Level: better than 73dB below +4dBu, 0-30kHz
• Limiting Noises: same level as a vintage 660 with GE five star 6386 tubes and properly balanced
• Total Harmonic Distortion: level- and compression-dependent
• Compression Ratio: Variable from 1: 1 to 20:1, level-dependent