The API 512c is a fully discrete mic/line/instrument preamp module bringing the larger than life API sound to the convenient and affordable 500-series format.
The API 512c features the 2510 and 2520 Op-amps that have made the “API sound” throughout the years delivering a deep low-end and detailed top-end. Closely following Saul Walker’s original design, the API 512c delivers all the sonic characteristics of original API preamps that have featured on countless hit records.
The API 512c can deliver up to 65dB of gain and features a 48V phantom power switch for use with condenser microphones. In addition, the API 512c features and Hi-Z input to connect instruments like guitars, bass and keyboards as well as a -20dB pad for your line and mic inputs.
The API 512c brings API’s clarity and impressive sound to the 500-series format with it impressively spec’d microphone preamp and will deliver a superior sound that will equally enthral the home studio hobbyist or the seasoned professional.
API 512c 500 Series Mic Preamp Module Overview:
• Mic Preamp with 65 dB of gain
• Front and Back Panel Mic Input Access
• Line/Instrument Preamp with 50 dB of gain
• Front Panel Line/Instrument Input
• LED VU meter for monitoring output level
• 20 dB pad switch, applies to mic/line/instrument
• 48v Phantom switchable power
• Traditional API fully discrete circuit design
• Uses the famous API 2520 Op-Amp