- product images
- product info
- product specs
The API 527 is a VCA compressor/limiter that combines a blend of the 225L console processor and the API 2500 rack-mounted version, for the Lunchbox and 500 Series formats.
Combining two different designs, the API 527 offers you the best of both feed-forward and feed-back circuits, accessed using the Old and New toggle switch on the front panel - which enables faster peak detection and smoother operation by adopting the operating principles of older and newer compression units.
Controlling the dynamics of your music is one of the simplest things to do in recording - simple to get it right and equally simple to get wrong. Offering you a choice on the API 527 between feed-forward and feed-back design will help you eliminate over-compression on very dynamic material, yet allow you to retain the operational qualities of classic compressor design for gentler sound sources - or, or course, allowing you pile over-compression from the API 527 onto things like drum kits, for another classic take on Old-style compressing.
Soft and Hard Knee characteristics are also switchable on the API 527, along with THRUST, the API-patented frequency-dependent Sidechain control - that's there to keep your bass end in check without losing the power and definition.
Rugged, tough and dependable, API lets you take dynamic control to the very limit - with the API 527 compressor.
API 527 Overview:
- Audio circuit uses the 2510 and 2520 Discrete Op Amps with transformer output
- Continuously variable detented Threshold control
- Continuously variable detented Attack and Release controls
- Continuously variable detented Ratio control
- Output Fader level control
- 10 segment VU/Gain Reduction meter with selector switch
- Overload LED
- "Link" switch for multiple unit interdependent compression linking
- "New"/"Old" switch for feed-forward or feed-back compression
- "Hard"/"Soft" compression curve knee switch
- Patented THRUST® switch for frequency dependent side chain control
- "IN" switch with hard relay bypass when in the "Out" position
|Short Description||VCA compressor/limiter for Lunchbox and 500 Series with comprehensive controls including variable attack, release, ratio, and output gain controls. The unit also includes API's patented 'Thrust' circuit, first offered on the 2500 Stereo Bus Compressor. A 10 segment LED meter is switchable between gain reduction and output level.|
|Demo in Store||N/A|
|Valve / Solid State||Solid State|
|Channel Count||Single Channel|
|High Pass Filter||N/A|
|Side Chain Input||No|