API 550A Discrete 3 Band EQ
- product images
- product info
- product specs
The API 550A is a three-band switchable EQ module for 500-Series format.
Since the late '60s, the API 550A has been a staple of the American recording industry - included in both API and custom-made consoles. The original 550A modules have become so sought-after that they were the logical inclusion for the open-access 500-Series format that API invented.
A simple switchable three-band EQ, the API 550A has selectable shelving on the high and low bands with an independent band-pass filter. Proportional Q on the 550A allows smooth transition between the three frequency bands, gradually narrowing as more EQ is applied, up to 12dB.
The sound is unmistakably API - full of character and presence, with plenty of headroom and all the tonal sweetness that you need, to bring out the best in your instruments. Putting the API 550A into a Lunchbox, 500 Series gives you the power to use that fabled quality on the move.
API 550A Overview:
- 3 bands of classic API equalization
- Each band offers 7 API selected frequency centres
- Reciprocal and repeatable filtering
- Maximum 12 dB of boost/cut per band
- EQ Band 1 and 3 offer shelf/peak switching
- "Proportional Q" narrows filter Q at extremes
- Traditional API fully discrete circuit design
- High headroom +30 dB clip level
|Short Description||3-band switchable EQ module for 500 Series format complete with switchable 12dB per octave 50Hz to 15KHz band pass filter and 2 x 2520 op amps on the output +4 balanced XLR I/O.|
|Demo in Store||Yes|
|Valve / Solid State||No|
|High Pass Filter||No|
|Low Pass Filter||No|
|High Frequency Range||No|
|High Mid Frequency Range||No|
|Mid Frequency Range||No|
|Low Mid Frequency Range||No|
|Low Frequency Range||No|
- Related items / Alternative products