The Apogee GiO is a pedal-board interface and controller for guitarists and bass players using Mac Pro.
Hands-free operation gives the Apogee GiO an immediate appeal for guitarists and bass players requiring quick and easy exchanges between preset effects, much like a traditional pedalboard - but it also allows you to access any of the amp, speaker and audio processing plug-ins you have available on your Mac, as well as operate the recording controls.
Equipped with the finest AD/DA converters, as you'd expect from Apogee, the GIO offers crystal-clear sound and terrific tone.
Physically, the GIO is a tough, robust stomp-box made for the kind of knocks that occur when working in live applications. Designed for hands-free working, the GIO is equipped with configurable push buttons and clearly marked, well-spaced record transport controllers on the top casing, for easy drop-ins and recorder manipulation.
The back-panel of the Apogee Gio has stereo outputs for headphones, monitors or guitar amps, alongside the USB connection and power supply, a MIDI expression pedal and the instrument input.
Apogee has gained a great reputation for their converters and digital interfaces and the GIO stompbox represents a welcome extension of that expertise put into the hands of guitarists and bass players. Studio or live, rehearsal or recording, the Apogee GiO is the flexible friend that you can depend on.
Apogee GiO Overview:
• Studio quality guitar interface for recording, rehearsing, or live performance
• Advanced AD/DA converters and instrument preamp technology deliver your guitars true tone
• Designed specifically for electric guitar and electric bass
• Optimized for active and passive pickups
• GiO’s excellent signal quality optimizes the sound of virtual amps and effects
• Hands free recording, effects on/off and preset selection
• Can be used with guitar amp, headphones and powered speakers
• Unbalanced 1/4” high impedance instrument input
• 1/4” MIDI Expression pedal input
• Line-level, 1/4” stereo output for headphones, powered monitors or an instrument amplifier
• A/D and D/A conversion @ 44.1/48kHz, 24-bit
• 5 Stompbox buttons, dynamically color coded to match software effects
• 5 Transport control buttons, dynamically lit when engaged
• 2 “Previous/Next” preset selection buttons
• Control built into Apple’s GarageBand '09, Logic Pro 9, and MainStage 2 software
• Dimensions: 7" W x 18" L x 2.5" H
• System Requirements: Mac, with an Intel or PowerPC G5 processor, 1GB minimum of installed RAM (2GB recommended), OS: 10.5.7 or greater, Apple’s GarageBand '09, Logic Pro 9, MainStage 2, Logic Express 9, USB, powered by any available USB port on the computer