The Avid Impact is a Pro Tools HD plug-in emulating the operation of a mix-bus console compressor
Offering Pro Tools HD users an easily comprehensible layout, the Avid Impact emulates the control surface of a classic mix-bus console compressor and limiter. With a 4-step ratio control, variable Attack, Release and Threshold as well as a Make-up gain, the Impact compressor includes all the essentials for complete dynamic control of your mixes, from subtle to banging.
Input and Output signals for the Impact plug-in are displayed on standard bar graph lights and the gain reduction is shown on an analogue-style moving-needle meter. You can also access the side-chain, keying it from any Pro Tools track.
The Avid Impact is the first AAX compressor to adopt the layout of a console mix bus compressor, very familiar for anyone who has worked with an analogue desk before and simple and self-explanatory to anyone who has not. Supporting mixes up to 7.1 and a sampling rate up to 192kHz, the Avid Impact is the perfect way to get that professional punch to your latest mix.
Avid Impact Overview:
• Console-style mix bus compressor
• Flexible control set in a familiar layout
• Supports all Pro Tools multichannel formats
• Supports sampling rates up to 192 kHz
• External side-chain input with key listen
• Photo-realistic gain reduction meter
• Qualified Avid audio system:
o Pro Tools|HDX (AAX DSP/Native)
o Pro Tools|HD Native or other Pro Tools system running Pro Tools 10 or higher software AAX Native)
• iLok USB Smart Key (for authorization; not included)