Barefoot Sound MasterStack12 Pair
- product images
- product info
- product specs
The Barefoot Sound MasterStack12 is a 4.5-way active monitor system with extremely low distortion and superior dynamic range and ultra-fast transient response.
The Barefoot Sound MasterStack12 includes the highly popular MiniMain12 augmented by the MicroSub for a total of no less than 10 drive units housed in sealed cabinets. The MasterStack12 spans a frequency range between 18Hz and 40kHz. All drivers use an under-hung voice coil inside an advanced geometry motor, which provides extremely long linear excursions accounting for its very low distortion. The tweeter uses Barefoot’s renowned ring radiator design that produces extremely precise and detailed transients and very high dispersion for a wide soundstage. Each cone, woofer and subwoofer offers perfect radiation to a minimum of 2.5 octave beyond their respective bandwidths ensuring a tight sound with no smearing.
The MasterStack12 also includes Barefoot’s Multi Emphasis Monitor Emulation (MEME) technology, which changes the voicings of the speakers for secondary references. Emulations include NS10M (Old School) and MixCubes (Cubes) as well as a Hi-fi mode. The emulations provide second reference points all activated by Remote control knob. These voicings are made to generally emulate the characteristics of the speakers with the Old School mode, which emphasises the midrange with a sound reminiscent of the NS10, while the Cube emulates the mid centric sound of the MixCubes grot box and Hi-fi tailored to sound sweeter, and warmer audiophile speakers. However these emulations are not meant to replicate exactly the sound but the MEME technology manages to capture the essence of how these venerable speakers sound by modelling frequency, phase and transient responses, dynamic compression and some of their distortion components.
Barefoot Sound MasterStack12 Main Features:
- Description: 4.5-way active modular tower monitor with MEME™ Technology
- Controls: Analog/AES3 input select, AES3 L/R channels select, Input level stepped attenuator, Subwoofer level, Emulation voice select
- Input Impedance: 25k Ohm
- Frequency Response: 18Hz – 50kHz (±3dB)
26Hz – 40kHz (±1dB)
- Bass Response: -3 dB @ 18Hz, Q = 0.707
Slope = 12 dB/octave
- Cabinet: 180 liters total internal volume, Sealed sub enclosures, Sealed woofer enclosures, Sealed woofer enclosure, Machined aluminum baffle plate, Aluminum subwoofer frames function as lateral cabinet bracing, Long fiber wool acoustic damping throughout.
- Crossover Frequencies: 80 / 200 / 800 / 4000 Hz
- Tweeter: 1″ ring radiator, Advanced geometry motor, Rear waveguide chamber - Amplifier: 250W Hypex
- Midranges: 2 x 2.5″ aluminum cones, Advanced geometry motor, +/- 2 mm linear excursion - Amplifier: 250W Hypex
- Woofers: 3 x 7″ aluminum cones, Advanced geometry motor, +/- 13 mm linear excursion - Amplifier: 500W Hypex
- Subwoofers: 4 x 12″ aluminum cones, Advanced geometry motor, +/- 25 mm linear excursion - Amplifier: 2400W Hypex
- AC Power Input: Nominal 115 VAC or 230 VAC selectable
- Power Consumption: Idle: 100W, Maximum: 1800W
- Weight: Weight: 280 lbs per tower (127 kg) – no handles
- Shipping: 325 lbs per tower (147 kg) – no handles
- Dimensions HxWxD: Cabinet: 63.0 x 14.4 x 21.9 inches (1600 x 366 x 556 mm)
- Footprint WxD: 23.0 x 21.5 (584 x 546 mm)
|Short Description||4.5-way active monitor system with extremely low distortion and superior dynamic range and ultra-fast transient response and MEME Technology|
|Demo in Store||No|
|HF Driver||1" Radiator Ring|
|LF Driver Size||3x7"|
|Horizontal or Vertical||Vertical|
- Related items / Alternative products