Cloud microphones are an independent manufacturer of high-quality ribbon microphones based in Tucson, Arizona. Cloud microphones’ heritage comes from legendary RCA Jon R. Sank. Through the designs of his son Stephen Sank, Cloud continues the tradition of creating high-quality, handcrafted ribbon microphones inspired by legendary RCA BK-11 and 44-series.
The JRS-34 goes where its ancestors couldn’t, incorporating modern resources, technology and manufacturing techniques. The result is stunning microphones with increased output levels and sensitivity as well as ultra-low noise. Combined with the natural and rich character of RCA style ribbons, it provides a top tier mic.
The technology used in their ribbon mics has also lead to the creation of their Cloudlifter series of Mic activators. By separating the internal circuitry found in their microphones, they were able to provide all the same to adapt to any kind of dynamic microphones. These inline mic activators, which include the CL-1, CL-2 and CL-4, use phantom power to give an additional +25dB of ultra-clean gain and sensitivity. Cloud has also released the CL-z and CL-Zi, which also let you adjust the impedance to better suit your microphone.
Cloud Microphones is committed to local, sustainable and environmentally friendly manufacturing partnering with companies located in Phoenix and the Navajo Nation creating a thriving local economy with superior quality control.
- Cloud Microphones 44-A Active Ribbon Microphone£1,860.00
- Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter CL-1£159.00
- Shure SM7B and Cloud CL-1 Bundle£498.00
- Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter CL-2£190.00
- Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter CL-4£449.00
- Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter CL-Zi£309.00
- Cloud Microphones JRS-34-A£1,570.00
- Cloud Microphones JRS-34-P Ribbon Microphone£1,699.00
- Cloudlifter CL-Z Mic Activator£289.00