Musikelectronic Geithain (ME-Geithain) was founded by Joachim Kiesler in the namesake German town of Geithlein at the tender age of 18 back in 1960. Since then, the company has gained a formidable reputation as a developer and manufacturer of high-quality active studio monitors using its MCDS-Coax (Minimum Colouration Directivity Steering-Coax) coaxial technology. According to Geithain, having the sound radiate from one point results in a homogeneous and neutral colouration sound pattern with localised sound and sound staging beyond compare, as well as producing a non-fatiguing listening experience.
Active loudspeakers in the company’s extensive Studio Monitoring Systems lineup range from the compact and bijou MO-1 — a two-way coaxial loudspeaker in a vented box developed for nearfield monitoring suited to small OB (outside broadcast) vehicles and small rooms — to the top-of-the-range RL 901K and RL 801K, an all-round main control room monitor for large audio, video, and film studios, its active three-way high-performance design suited to listening distances of between 3m and 6m.
New additions include the RL 930K, an all-round main studio monitor for medium-sized audio, video, and film studios, featuring three vertically arranged one-tweeters positioned in front of the bass/midrange system, with low and mid frequencies handled by a specially developed 10-inch cone loudspeaker — suited to listening distances of between 2.5m and 5m, and the similarly-designed RL 941, featuring a specially developed eight-inch cone loudspeaker, suited to listening distances of between 2.5m and 4m.
Items 1-12 of 26
- Geithain Basis 11K£3,032.40
- Geithain BASIS 14K£3,994.80
- Geithain MO-1 (Pair)£1,444.80
- Geithain MO-2 Alternative Veneers (Pair)£4,435.20
- Geithain MO-2 Standard Black Ash (Pair)£3,753.60
- Geithain RL 922 K1 (Pair)£10,684.80
- Geithain RL 930 (Pair)£7,701.60
- Geithain RL 930 K (Pair)£8,181.60
- Geithain RL 933 K (Pair)£10,202.40
- Geithain RL 933 K1 (Pair)£10,684.80
- Geithain RL 934K£10,010.40
- Geithain RL 934K1£10,492.80