Nashville-based LaChapell Audio is a family-run business combining the passion for music and electronics. Scott LaChapell has honed his skills as a professional composer and recording engineers in both Nashville and California before starting a new venture in building high-quality recording studio equipment with his father.
After years of experimentation in actual studio sessions (9 to be precise), LaChapell audio finally released its first mic preamp, the predecessor of the impressive 992 valve mic pre. The latter embodies the signature sound of LaChapell Audio products with a lot of character and an uncanny ability to sit in the mix perfectly. Following the success of the 992, LaChapell went on to develop the 583S a vacuum tube 500-series preamp inspired by the 992 and designed to deliver the same sonic signature but in a smaller footprint.
The 583E is another iteration of this design which sees the inclusion of a ultra-clean 3-band EQ that can be used as an integrated EQ or work completely independently from the mic pre section. This design proved so successful that LaChapell Audio created the 983S a dual channel version of the 583S in a single 19" rack space.
- LaChapell Audio 500DT Channel Strip£599.00
- LaChapell Audio 500TDI£895.00
- LaChapell Audio 503 500-Series EQ£699.00
- LaChapell Audio 583e 500 Series Tube Mic Preamp with EQ£1,475.00
- LaChapell Audio 583S MkII 500 Series Tube Pre£945.00
- LaChapell Audio 983M£1,199.00
- LaChapell Audio 983S mkII£1,679.00
- LaChapell Audio 992 EG Valve Mic Preamp£3,750.00