The latest revision on the iconic Buchla 208. The 208c adds a whole new range of CV I/o, MIDI capabilities and much more to this already deep and capable machine.
The Buchla 208c Module is a brand new revision of Don Buchla’s iconic 208 stored program source the core part of the Music Easel and a highly capable additive semi-modular synthesizer that has found favour with thousands of musicians the world over.
208C retains all of the fundamental core features that set the original 208 apart from everything else in its class and, adds a tonne of new features to elevate its capabilities much further than ever before.
Additions and changes over the previous 208 versions include:
- Separate modulation oscillator CV input with voltage input trimmer
- One shot trigger / start button for the pulser
- FM input for the modulation oscillator
- Dedicated audio outs for each oscillator
- CV inputs for the envelope generator stages with voltage input trimmers
- Dedicated CV output for the modulation oscillator
- CV input for the complex oscillator waveform sweep
- White noise generator derived from the 266e
- True stereo audio output
- Onboard digital reverb, spring reverb can also be connector if desired
- Dedicated audio inputs for the low pass gates so external sources can be connected
- Front panel aesthetic updated to resemble vintage 208’s
- More clocking options for the pulser
- Far shallower construction so 208c comfortably fits in a 200e series system
- Improved MIDI capabilities (when used with command centre cases)
- Two “to card” inputs
As all 208’s that have proceed it, a 5-step sequencer, three stage function generator, a pulser / clock generator, two oscillators and two low pass gate form the backbone of synthesizers architecture, that all come together deliver all the performance friendly toolkit and incredible tone that have made the 208 so popular for the last forty plus years.
208C, an evolution of one of the world’s most iconic synthesizers.
The main features of the Buchla 208C module include
|Demo in Store||No|
|Short Description||a brand new take on an iconic synthesizer. The 208c adds a wealth of new functionality to the legendary 208 architecture, with more CV I/o, enhanced MIDI capabilities plus it'll fit into a standard 200e system chassis.|
|What We Think||The latest revision on the iconic Buchla 208. The 208c adds a whole new range of CV I/o, MIDI capabilities and much more to this already deep and capable machine.|