Buzz Audio DBC-20 Diode Bridge Compressor
- product images
- product info
- product specs
The Buzz Audio DBC-20 is a modern dual-channel compressor inspired by vintage techniques and using silicon diodes as gain reduction elements.
The Buzz Audio DBC-20 uses two silicon diodes mounted in a balanced bridge configuration which is then coupled with a “Radio Steel” laminated transformer. In addition a Class A discrete amplifier design is employed ensuring a tight, colourful sound with rich harmonics.
A program-dependent ratio ensures a smooth control of very dynamic material such as vocals. Controls include Compression which controls the amount of gain reduction as well as the ratio, Attack and Release each with a choice of 6 fixed settings, and Gain to control the output level. A Hard/Soft mode is enabled by a toggle-switch offering a choice of more or less aggressive compression with more or less peaks. A side-chain HPF is also provided to limit its sensitivity to low frequencies. The Buzz Audio DBC-20 is a powerful compressor to use on busses, vocals, drums and more.
Both channels can be operated independently or in stereo mode thanks to a Link A/B Switch and each channel features a Bypass switch as well as a superb 15Led Bar graph meter to display accurate gain reduction.
Buzz Audio DBC-20 Diode Bridge Compressor Specifications:
- Levels: Maximum Input Level; +27dBu, Maximum Output Level; +27dBu
- Noise: -80dBu (measured A Weighted with 10dB gain applied).
- Gain: variable 0dB to +15dB
- Frequency Response: 6Hz to 400kHz measured no gain reduction.
- Harmonic Distortion: At +10dBu input level, no gain reduction; 0.28% @ 100Hz, 0.25% @ 1kHz, 0.15% @ 10kHz / With 10dB gain reduction (Release set to 400mS); 1.5% @ 100Hz, 0.5% @ 1kHz, 0.5% @ 10kHz
- Standard Operating Level: +4dBu
- Size; 1 Unit 19" rack mount, (482Wx44Hx250D).
- Power requirements; 230V/115V selectable, IEC detachable power cable.
- Specifications are typical of a production unit and are subject to change without notice.
- 0dBu reference = 0.775 volts RMS.
|Short Description||Modern dual-channel compressor inspired by vintage techniques and using silicon diodes as gain reduction elements|
|Demo in Store||N/A|
|Valve / Solid State||Solid State|
|Channel Count||Dual Channel|
|Compression Type||Diode Bridge|
|High Pass Filter||No|
|Side Chain Input||No|
- Related items / Alternative products
- Recently viewed items
Inc. VAT: £9,540.00 Ex. VAT: £7,950.00
Inc. VAT: £574.00 Ex. VAT: £478.33
Inc. VAT: £33,594.00 Ex. VAT: £27,995.00
Inc. VAT: £1,350.00 Ex. VAT: £1,125.00
Inc. VAT: £2,399.00 Ex. VAT: £1,999.17
ADD CUSTOM BUNDLE OF YOUR CHOICE
AND SAVE UP TO 65% ON PLUG-INS
CHOOSE YOUR CUSTOM BUNDLE:
No UAD-2 CUSTOM BUNDLE
Universal Audio UAD Custom 2 Bundle£190.83
SAVE UP TO 25%
Universal Audio UAD Custom 3 Bundle£282.50
SAVE UP TO 33%
Universal Audio UAD Custom 6 Bundle£440.83
SAVE UP TO 50%
Universal Audio UAD Custom 10 Bundle£624.17
SAVE UP TO 60%
Universal Audio UAD Ultimate 5 Upgrade Bundle£3,165.83
SAVE UP TO 65%