DACS MicAMP 500 Mic Preamp for 500 Series
- product images
- product info
- product specs
DACS MicAmp 500 is a no-compromise 500-series mic preamp based on the MicAmp II famous for its ability to produce an ultra-realistic sound, full of punch, clarity and incredible detail.
The DACS MicAmp 500 offers extremely flat frequency response all the way down to 1Hz and all the way up to 45kHz. Its CMMR (common-mode rejection ratio) is also hand trimmed at mid and high frequencies to very high tolerances.
Gain is controlled via a twelve position rotary switch setting the gain in 4dB steps ranging from 20dB all the way up to 64dB. An additional Trim control provides an additional 8dB of gain making the total gain available a healthy 72dB. Both controls are scaled ensure that settings can be easily repeated and recalled if necessary.
A three position bass roll off is provided offering a choice between flat, 30Hz and 80Hz designed to remove unwanted rumble or noise coming from mains. Tuned to provide an incredibly smooth response, the filters do not affect the signal above the cut off frequency. The Phantom Power switch can be deactivated, bypassing the input capacitors or activated for condenser microphones.
The DACS MicAmp 500 has been approved as a VPR compliant module meaning that it will work flawlessly with any API Lunchbox chassis.
DACS MicAmp 500 Mic Preamp for 500 Series Main Features:
- THD+N at Minimum gain typically 0.0035%
- THD+N at Max Gain with trim max typically. 0.048% ( noise is the main contributor)
- CMMR - input fed with 0dBu common mode @ 1kHz typically -78dB to -80dB
- Gain switch adjusts in steps of 4dB nominally
- Trim pot adjusts gain by approx 8dB
- Maximum Gain nominally 72dB with trim and gain switch at max.
- Noise output Min Gain typically -80dBu (-72dBu with trim at max)
- Noise outputat Max gain typically -63.5dBu (-55.5dBu with trim at max)
- Frequency response flat +- 0.1dB 20Hz to 20kHz
|Short Description||No-compromise 500-series mic preamp based on the MicAmp II famous for its ability to produce an ultra-realistic sound, full of punch, clarity and incredible detail.|
|Demo in Store||N/A|