Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 12 Module
- product images
- product info
- product specs
The Dave Smith Instrument Prophet 12 Module is 12-voice polyphonic synthesizer using hybrid analogue/digital architecture without sacrificing the vibe and sound associated with the legendary Prophet.
The hybrid voice of the Dave Smith Instrument Prophet 12 Module starts with a digital front end immediately followed by an analogue signal path output. Each voice boasts five high-resolution digital oscillators, digital character effects section, followed by the legendary resonant Curtis low-pass filter as well as a high pass filte, a tune-able feedback circuit, four-tap delay line with feedback per line, four loopable five-stage envelope generators, four syncable LFOs with slew and phase offset offering an impressive amount of power for such a small box. A powerful and sophisticated arpeggitaor is also included as well as an impressive sixteen slot modulation matrix with 26 mod sources and 97 modulation destinations!
What’s more, frequency and amplitude can be made to accurately modulate oscillators. Each oscillator can be assigned in whatever configurations you fancy modulating LFOs, envelopes and filters.
Despite a streamlined interface the Prophet 12 module gives you quick and easy access to all the parameters by simply pressing a button in the relevant section. The OLED display gives all the visual feedback necessary and is easily readable. Assign easily each function of the modulation matrix by simply pressing the relevant buttons. For filter sweeps, the Prophet 12 Module uses dedicated high-pass and low-pass filters potentiometers for smooth and precise control.
Every parameter of the Prophet 12 Module can be controlled via MIDI allowing you to use your favourite MIDI controller and DAW.
The Prophet 12 Module represents a new reference in polyphonic hardware synthesizers offering incredible sound unmatched by any plug-ins, and a raft of options for modulation and tweaking only available with digital controls.
Prophet 12 Module Hardware Synthesizer Overview:
- Five DSP-based oscillators per voice (including one sine wave sub oscillator)
- Four classic wave shapes (saw, square, triangle, sine) per oscillator
- Twelve selectable complex shapes per oscillator
- Three noise types per oscillator: white, pink, violet
- Analog VCAs
- Shape modulation
- Oscillator cross modulation: frequency modulation (FM) and amplitude modulation (AM)
- Hard sync on each of the four oscillators
- Character Effects
- Five high-quality digital effects. Thicken the signal and add harmonics or completely destroy the signal pre-filter.
- Girth and Air are high and low shelf equalizers with harmonic excitement. Useful for thickening and/or adding air to the signal.
- Hack and Decimate are sample and bit rate reduction algorithms which can add subtle grit or completely destroy the signal. It's harsh yet musical!
- Drive is a soft saturator for adding soft distortion and harmonic content to the signal
- Famed Curtis 2- or 4-pole resonant analog low-pass filter (self oscillates in 4-pole mode) per voice
- 2-pole resonant analog high-pass filter per voice
- Feedback and Delay
- Tuned feedback
- Four-tap syncable multi delay with feedback and amount per delay per voice
- Four Delay + ADSR envelopes (LPF, VCA , and two Auxiliary envelopes)
- Auxiliary envelopes 3 and 4 freely assignable to multiple modulation destinations
- All envelopes can repeat/loop
- Four syncable LFO's with phase offset and slew per LFO
- 16 x 2 modulation matrix with 26 mod sources and 97 mod destinations
- Modulation assignment buttons enable quick and easy modulation routing
- Sophisticated programmable arpeggiator with up, down, up+down, random, assign modes
- Re-latching arpeggiator
- Programmable Distortion
- Independent programmable stereo analog distortion per layer.
- 12 knobs and 34 buttons enable deep and comprehensive editing with little to no menu diving.
- Crisp OLED display is easily visible in low light situations and from many angles.
- 396 user and 396 factory programs
- Direct program access using numeric keypad and dedicated User, Factory, and Bank buttons
- Playlist mode for generating easily accessible setlists of your favorite programs. Create four play lists with up to forty programs each!
- 1 MIDI In, 1 MIDI out, and 1 MIDI Thru port
- USB port for bidirectional MIDI communication
- 1 Sustain/footswitch input
- 2 expression pedal inputs
- Main stereo output (2 x 1/4" phone jack)
- Layer B stereo output (2 x 1/4" phone jack)
- Headphone out (stereo 1/4" phone jack)
- External Power supply
- Operates worldwide on voltages between 100-240v, 50-60Hz
- Physical Specs
- Oiled walnut wood end panels
- 16.5" L x 6.8" W x 2.85" H (41.9 cm L x 17.3 cm W x 7.2 cm H)
- 4 lbs. 14 oz. (2.21 kg)
|Short Description||12-voice polyphonic hybrid digital/analogue synthesizer module delivering the power and sound quality associated with the Prophet name|
|Demo in Store||N/A|
|Manufacturer||Dave Smith Instruments|
|Synth Engine Type||No|
|Number of Inputs||No|
|Number of Outputs||No|
|Power Supply||110V - 240V (Internal)|