If you’ve been to a large cinema any time in the last few years, you’ve almost certainly experienced Dolby Atmos. Using up to 64 speaker channels to dynamically place and move audio elements around and above the listener, Atmos places the listener in an immersive 3D space that, quite literally, adds another dimension to the listening experience. Originally developed for film theatres, Atmos has since found its way into home cinema, (supported by major streaming platforms including Netflix and Disney+), and now into music streaming platforms including Apple Music.
Even though there have been several attempts at creating multi-channel consumer formats in the past (eg. 5.1 surround), the prohibitive cost of multi-speaker setups has meant that the vast majority of music is still listened to in stereo. Atmos, however, uses a single deliverable format to reproduce the same 3D experience whether you are listening in a multiplex cinema, a personal home entertainment system, or simply on your iPhone – anything that has Atmos technology installed. The simplicity with which Atmos can be delivered to the consumer – and the support it is getting from major content providers - means it is currently being touted as a serious contender to supersede stereo, with major facilities including Abbey Road, AIR and Dean Street Studios already investing heavily in the format.
KMR Audio are your ideal partner for integrating Atmos functionality into your recording studio. Our Dolby-trained technical team will guide you through all the elements of putting a system together and their extensive knowledge of Avid Pro Tools, high-end monitor systems and large studio installations means you can rely on us to get the job done with the least amount of fuss.
If you’re new to Atmos, the articles below are a good place to start. If you like what you see and would like to discuss how your studio can benefit from Dolby Atmos, please contact us for more information.
Items 1-12 of 26
- Antelope Audio Galaxy 32 Synergy Core£3,999.00
- Amphion Atmos Bundle£26,040.00
- ATC Atmos Bundle£46,200.00
- Neumann Atmos Bundle£22,000.00
- Genelec Atmos Bundle£10,941.00
- Genelec Pro Atmos BundleP.O.A.
- Unity Audio Mini-Rock 7.1.4 Atmos Bundle£11,940.00
- Unity Audio Boulder 7.2.4 Atmos Bundle£34,500.00
- Focusrite Rednet D16R MkII£1,678.80
- Avid S4 16-Fader Control Surface - 4' Base£37,995.00
- Avid S4 24-Fader Control Surface - 5' Base£52,995.00
- Avid S4 8-Fader Control Surface - 3' Base£23,995.00