Electrodyne 2501 Mic Preamp
- product images
- product info
- product specs
The Electrodyne 2501 is a 19” dual-channel mic preamp and DI box based on exacting original specifications from the 1970’s.
The Electrodyne 2501 uses a classic two-stage discrete transistor and transformer coupled preamp design originally created in 1969/1970. The 2501 uses high quality and high performance components such as transformers made by the same manufacturer to exacting factory specifications.
Electrodyne have also graced the 2501 with an active DI circuit with an almost immeasurable load to sensitive instruments ensuring an incredibly accurate capture of its true tone. The DI output circuit can also connect and interact with microphone input transformer offering many tone and colour options.
Electrodyne 2501 Specifications:
- Maximum Gain: 68db. Adjustable over 50db in 2db steps with two ranges using 20db pad.
- Output level control: Infinitely adjustable from 0 (off) to +6db over unity.
- Input impedance: Microphone, 50 / 200 ohms selectable. DI, over 7 megohms.
- Output impedance: 150 ohms
- Distortion: 0.02%typical over entire gain range.
- Maximum output: +30db at less than 0.8%thd. (+29.5db at 0.06%thd)
- Frequency response: +/- 0.25db, 10hz to 60khz.
- Signal to noise: -80db typ, -60db at absolute maximum gain.
- Clip indicator: Monitors all three amp stages and illuminates when any stage is 3db from clip.
|Short Description||19”, dual-channel mic preamp and DI built to exacting original specifications from the 1970’s.|
|Demo in Store||N/A|
|Valve / Solid State||N/A|
|Side Chain Input||N/A|
|High Pass Filter||N/A|
- Related items / Alternative products