Empirical Labs Distressor EL8-X
Industry standard mono compressor with 'Brit Mod'.
- product Description
- Additional Information
The Empirical Labs Distressor EL8X is a single channel compressor with the British Mode recreating the aggressive sound obtained on the legendary 1176 with "All Buttons In".
The Empirical Labs Distressor EL8X is often associated with powerful compression full of character, but it can also be extremely subtle and transparent. The EL8X adds the British mode which provides a very aggressive sound by changing the knee characteristics of the compressor.
Unlike the 1176 All Buttons In mode which has a fixed ratio, the Brit Mode of the Distressor can be added to all ratios making it far more flexible that the original unit it takes inspiration from. As the attack and release time are shorter, the THD level increases and the compressor becomes more obviously distorted and less smooth.
The Distressor was designed to provide 2nd and 3rd order harmonics to simulate tape saturation and classic vintage valve compressors. A wide range of EQ curves are included in the side-chain to further extends the versatility of the Distressor while the binary stepped controls makes it extremely precise and easy to control.
Empirical Labs Distressor EL8X Analogue Compressor Main Features:
- "All buttons in" British Mode switch with LED
- Frequency response: 2Hz to 160kHz in clean audio mode (+0, -3 dB). Response is shaped in distortion modes (Dist 2, Dist 3)
- Dynamic range: 110 dB from max. output to min. output in 1:1 mode.
- Distortion ranges between .02% and 20% depending on distortion mode and release times set on front panel.
- DC coupled output - High quality input caps.
- Input impedance: 20K ohms
- Output impedance: < 75 ohms
- Time constants: Attack range 50uS - 50mS
- Release range: .05 sec to 3.5 seconds, normal modes and up to 20 seconds in 10:1 opto mode. Time constants are dependent on ratio.
- Metal chassis
- Dimensions: 1.75" H x 10" D x 19" W
|Short Description||Digitally controlled analogue knee compression with famed British Mode and stereo image link modifications.|
|Demo in Store||No|
|Valve / Solid State||Solid State|
|Channel Count||Single Channel|
|Attack||50uS to 50mS|
|Release||.05 sec to 3.5 seconds, up to 20 seconds in 10:1 opto mode|
|Ratio||1:1, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, 6:1, 10:1, 20:1 & Nuke|
|High Pass Filter||No|
|Side Chain Input||No|
ADD CUSTOM BUNDLE OF YOUR CHOICE
AND SAVE UP TO 65% ON PLUG-INS
CHOOSE YOUR CUSTOM BUNDLE:
No UAD-2 CUSTOM BUNDLE
Universal Audio UAD Custom 2 BundleInc. VAT: £229.00 Ex. VAT: £190.83
SAVE UP TO 25%
Universal Audio UAD Custom 3 BundleInc. VAT: £339.00 Ex. VAT: £282.50
SAVE UP TO 33%
Universal Audio UAD Custom 6 BundleInc. VAT: £529.00 Ex. VAT: £440.83
SAVE UP TO 50%
Universal Audio UAD Custom 10 BundleInc. VAT: £749.00 Ex. VAT: £624.17
SAVE UP TO 60%
Universal Audio UAD Ultimate 6 Upgrade BundleInc. VAT: £2,999.00 Ex. VAT: £2,499.17
SAVE UP TO 65%