Fostex PX6 Active Studio Monitor (Single)
- product images
- product info
- product specs
The Fostex PX-6 is a new generation professional active studio monitor based around a brand new digital FIR filter to provide superior sound reproduction and performance.
The Fostex PX-6 boasts a brand new 6.5” LF Crimson woofer made from aramid fibre and using a mixed diaphragm which is coated with resin to improve rigidity. The 1” HF driver uses Urethane film laminated polyester fibre dome tweeter which is tuned with the back chamber to offer smooth high frequencies and precise positioning
Drivers are being driven by a dedicated high efficiency digital amplifier delivering 50W of power for the LF driver and 28W for the high-frequency driver. A FIR-type Digital Network Filter also results in a very accurate time alignment for superior imaging. An Auto standby turns the speaker off after long period of no sound being played through while the fade in function gradually increases the signal on power on to avoid loud pops which can damage the speaker.
The Fostex PX-6 can accommodate multichannel setups easily thanks to a 180 degrees phase control. Each step of the phase control shifts the phase by 9 degrees making it easy to achieve optimum phase coherency. In addition, this flexible studio monitor compensates for the room acoustics thank to +/- 3dB cut and boost of the HF and +/-20dB of cut/boost for the LF.
Fostex PX-6 Active Studio Monitor Main Features:
- Drivers driven by a 50W (LF) / 28W (HF) digital amplifier
- 6.5-inch Crimson woofer constructed of aramid fiber with mixed diaphragm impregnated with resin to enhance fiber bonding for higher rigidity
- 1-inch Urethane film laminated polyerster fiber dome tweeter tuned with the back chamber for smooth high frequency sonics
- Digital Network Filter (FIR type) for dividing network - results in very accurate time alignment to deliver supreme sound positioning
- Unique Rotary Encoder plus LED indication with no aging quality deterioration
- 44 step level control by Volume/Trim adjustments
- +/-3dB per 0.3dB step HF level control and +/- 20 step LF roll off frequency adjustment
- Auto Standby / Auto Operation function for electric power saving
- Fade In function to gradually increase the output level when powering on
|Short Description||Fostex PX6 Active Studio Monitor|
|Demo in Store||N/A|
|LF Driver Size||6.5"|
|Horizontal or Vertical||Vertical|
- Related items / Alternative products