Heritage Audio 8173, 2264E & Rack 2
- product images
- product info
- product specs
This bundle comprises the Heritage Audio 8173 Mic preamps and EQ module and the 2264E Compressor in a Heritage Audio Rack 2 PSU
The Heritage Audio 8173 combines the 1073 mic preamp with the legendary 1081 4-band EQ
First launched in 1974, the original 2264A Compressor/Limiter was a worthy successor of the 2254, with shorter recovery times and more precise controls. However a far more transparent class A/B amplifier stage was used instead of the much beloved class A one. By today standards, something was lost in the way. Making our rendition to the 2264 with the class A amplifier became an obvious task. And here it is, the 2264E - Enhanced 2264-, gain control circuit of the 2264a with a 2254 audio path. Best of both worlds!
- Gain Reduction meter: Shows the compression amount up to 20dB.
- Limit switch: Enables limit function.
- Compress switch: Enables compression and gain makeup functions.
- Limit recovery switch: Switches between 6 time constant options, 50ms, 100ms, 200ms, 800ms, Auto1 (100ms on peaks, 2secs on program material) and Auto2 ( 50ms on peaks, 5secs on program).
- Limit Level Stepped control: Sets the level at what limit begins, from +15dBm down to +4dBm in 0.5dB steps).
- Compress recovery switch: Switches between 6 time constant options, 100ms, 400ms, 800ms, 1500ms, Auto1 (100ms on peaks, 2secs on program material) and Auto2 (50ms on peaks, 5secs on program).
- Compress Threshold Stepped control: Sets the minimum level at what compression happens, from +10dBm down to -20dBm in 2dB steps).
- Compress Ratio Switch: Allows the user to choose between 5 different compression ratios, 1.5, 2, 3, 4and 6:1.
- Gain Makeup Stepped control: In 2dB steps from 0 to 20dB.
- Bypass switch: Switches the module in/out of the signal path.
- IND switch: Allows the module to be linked to Buss A, Buss B, or independent.
The Heritage Audio Rack 2 is handmade in the EU employing the same exact ISEP mechanical components used in the Series 80 consoles. Aluminium rails, guides, etc. This will ensure your vintage modules, as well as any of the currently made, will fit like a glove.
Every channel has its own output control as well as illuminated phantom switch.
In addition, 2 discrete class Aultra high impedance JFET Direct Inputs have been implemented, allowing for direct plugging of hi impedance instruments.
Also, the Rack 2 is ready for linking up to 2 2264 compressors in 2 busses, A or B.
Back panel features Neutrik gold plated XLR connectors for Mic and Line inputs, as well as outputs.
External Power Supply Unit is connected via Neutrik gold plated 4-pin XLRs. It is configurable for 220-240v or 110v. Power supply is included and able to power up to 4 Rack 2.
|Short Description||Includes the 8173 Mic Preamp and EQ module, the 2264E Compressor module and the Rack 2 Chassis|
|Demo in Store||N/A|
- Related items / Alternative products
ADD CUSTOM BUNDLE OF YOUR CHOICE
AND SAVE UP TO 65% ON PLUG-INS
CHOOSE YOUR CUSTOM BUNDLE:
No UAD-2 CUSTOM BUNDLE
Universal Audio UAD Custom 2 Bundle£190.83
SAVE UP TO 25%
Universal Audio UAD Custom 3 Bundle£282.50
SAVE UP TO 33%
Universal Audio UAD Custom 6 Bundle£440.83
SAVE UP TO 50%
Universal Audio UAD Custom 10 Bundle£624.17
SAVE UP TO 60%
Universal Audio UAD Ultimate 5 Upgrade Bundle£3,165.83
SAVE UP TO 65%