IGS Audio Photon 500
- product images
- product info
- product specs
The IGS Audio Photon 500 is a 500 series opto compressor inspired by the LA-3A and LA4 compressor and limiter.
The IGS Audio Photon 500 is a single-channel compressor with simple controls based around Peak Reduction and Output knobs augmented by additional features accessible via four switches. A ratio control provides a choice of three ratios: 2:1, 4:1 and 12:1 while a Side chain HPF switch prevents unwanted compression triggered by excessive bass. Finally a Mode switch let you choose between smooth opto compression (London) and aggressive tone (New York).
The Photon 500 uses an electronically balanced input with an 2520 compatible op-amp and a Carnhill output transformer.
IGS Audio Photon 500 Compressor Main Features:
- Impedance: 10kOhm input, 600Ohm output via Carnhill transformer
- Max input level: +24 dBu, max output Level: +32 dBu
- Gain: 30dB, total harmonic distortion: max 0.5%
- Frequency response: +/- 0.2 dB 8Hz to 20kHz
- Sidechain HPF: flat, 60Hz, 120Hz
- Signal to noise ratio: >99 dB
- Hard-wire bypass, plus London/New York switches for advanced Slam-like compression curve modelling
- Suitable for 500-series 'lunchbox' racks (1 slot, max 110mA)
|Short Description||500 series opto compressor inspired by the LA-3A and LA4 compressor and limiter.|
|Demo in Store||No|
- Related items / Alternative products