The Volfram Limiter is a dual mono version of the legendary 1176 archetype. The 1176 is a very well known and appreciated compressor in professional recording studios all over the world.
Whoever heard how this compressor works with vocals will never be able to manage without one.
Additionally the Volfram works great with drums and synthesizers. It is a 45dB transistor amplifier equipped with a remarkable limiter. Compression is achieved with the FET controlled transistor. The unique feature of the unit is the implementation of traditional BC107B transistors known well from the original 1176 circuit. That’s right! They may cause noise – but this is what gives the sound its power. At extreme settings the Volfram adds some pleasant distortion to the output. The core of versatility in sound of the 2176 lies in the balance between the Input, Output, and Release knobs. All knobs are in fact 12-pole position switches. It is a pure A class circuit.
- Dual mono versitile compressor/limiter
- XLR input/output
- 12-step controlled gain/output/attack/release
- Many different audio colors achieved with attack/release manipulation
- Compression Ratio from 1:4 to 1:20
- "Slam" switches allow a less conventional use of the compressor
- "Link channels" switch
- Equipped with 3-step switch: Bypass/Gain Reduction/VU for both channels seperately
- Bypass switches off only the compression - the amp is still active (+45dB as in the original UREI)
- Ultra fast VU meters
- Internal power supply
- 230V/110V Power option
- Great for group compression