Korg Volca Beats
- product images
- product info
- product specs
The Korg Volca Beats is a portable analogue drum machine inspired by Korg’s early analogue rhythm machines designs powered by the sequencing power of the most loved step sequencer, the Korg Electribe.
The Korg Volca Beats is a 6-voice drum machine and covers Kick, Snare, Hi Tom, Low Tom, Closed Hi Hat and Open Hi Hat which have all been carefully designed to bring the punch and grit that only quality analogue sounds can. Its minimal interface is designed to help you create the desired drum sound with ease. With each voice featuring a maximum of three controls, designing the required sound is a matter of second. The Volca Beats also features sounds that are impossible to recreate through analogue designs and uses PCM sound engine to recreate them. Claps, Claves, Agogo and Crash are all using the PCM sound engine which has been designed to recreate the Lo-Fi sound of the 80’s.
Volca Beats is also a loop sequencer inspired by the Electribe and features 16 steps. Use the step sequencer to enter your hits, or record your pattern in real time, it’s all possible. Up to eight sequences can be stored in the internal memory. A key new feature of the Volca Beats is the Stutter function which really expands the performance by adding drum rolls or delay effects and radically changes the feel of a pattern. The Stutter function can easily recorded in a sequence for interesting effects.
In addition to the Stutter function an Active Step lets you skip steps during playback while a Step Jump lets you decide which step is played next by pressing on the desired step. This opens up a wide range of performance options playing not only with sounds but sequences live.
Volca Beats is part of the Volca Series and can be sync’d to either Volca Keys, Volva Bass or even the Korg Monotribe for all the sequences to play nicely together. Using the iOS SyncKontrol App it is also possible to sync Volca Beats with other Phone Apps via Wist. A MIDI In Connector also lets you synchronise with other devices and even use the Vocal Beat as a drum Sync Module using another sequencer or even your DAW.
The Volca Beats is battery powered and ultra-compact and is easy to carry around to concerts or anywhere you go.
Korg Volca Beats Analogue Drum Machine Main Features:
- Six analog parts and four PCM parts, fully editable
- A powerful sequencer makes it easy to create
- Truly portable, and easy to integrate with other gear
- Portable analog drum machine with Electribe-style sequencer
- Six analog parts and four PCM parts are fully editable to create your own sounds
- Sync In/Out makes it easy to play in time with Monotribe or other Volca machines
- Control via the onboard ribbon or via MIDI input
- Save up to eight patterns for later recall
- Can sync to MIDI Clock from your DAW or external sequencer
- Built-in stutter effect
- Operates on 6 x AA batteries or KA-350 power adapter (not included)
|Short Description||Portable analogue drum machine inspired by Korg’s early analogue rhythm machines designs powered by the sequencing power of the Korg Electribe|
|Demo in Store||N/A|
- Related items / Alternative products