" I had three goals in mind when I set about to modify what was already one of my favorite pieces in rack number one, Dave Derr's brilliant Fatso Jr." - UBK
1. I wanted to create a collection of fixed-setting compressors that, with the turn of a single knob, could shape and tame any sound you throw at it, and be especially adept with those that are the easiest to screw up: vocals, drums, bass, acoustic and electric guitars, and pianos.
2. I wanted these preset comps to offer up several distinctly different ‘flavors’ of compression, each of which has a ‘grab’ and ‘motion’ that is totally unlike the others, in order to give the modern engineer maximum flexibility in terms of style, attitude, punch, and squeeze.
3. I wanted to make these compressors incredibly smooth and easygoing at moderate settings, but able to go to extremes (and beyond) to create sounds that are surprising, inspiring, and drenched in vibe. No matter how much you dig in, the results should be musical; it might be too much compression for you, but it will never be *bad* compression.
So it is with the KUSH UBK Fatso.
In addition to all the tone-sweetening characteristics and features of the classic Fatso - harmonic thickening, tape-like saturation, independent ‘warmth’ control to soften and tame high frequency harshness, the UBK Fatso features 3 brand new presets, lovingly crafted by UBK, tweaked exclusively by ear, and exhaustively tested in the on every sound you’re ever likely to find in your mixes, and a few you probably never will!
Kush UBK Fatso Features:
- 2 channel compressor
- Analogue design and Vintage sonics
- 7 compression curves
- Harmonic Distortion colour
- High Frequency Limiters
- Switchable Transformer Colouration
- Made in USA