LaChapell Audio 983S Valve Mic Preamp
- product images
- product info
- product specs
The LaChapell Audio 983S is a 1U high-quality two-channel vacuum tube mic preamp based on the highly popular and successful 583S 500-series module.
The LaChapell Audio 983S features the same circuit design as the 583s module including a Jensen JT-115k microphone input transformer and 12AX7/ECC83 valves coupled with a Cinemag CMOQ nickel alloy output transformer combined with Burr-Brown and THAT Corporation line drivers. The 983s is extremely flexible with dedicated control of the input and output stages offering a choice between clean, transparent sound and warm, full of richness. Both channels include +48V phantom power, -20dB Pad, polarity reversal, mute and a Hi-pass filter.
In addition to its diminutive size, the LaChapell 983S has an ultra-low output impedance for unparalleled sound quality even across long cable runs when used in theaters and remote systems.
LaChapell Audio 983S Valve Mic Preamp Overview:
- Input and Output knobs to dial in the perfect balance of warmth and definition for any application
- 48V Phantom Power on each channel
- Easy to access and identify illuminated front panel pad, polarity, mute and phantom power switches
- Front panel Hi-Z input with auto-switching
- Low pass and high pass filters on each channel
|Short Description||Two-channel valve mic preamp and instrument input amplifier based on the 583S 500-series module|
|Demo in Store||N/A|
|Valve / Solid State||No|
|Side Chain Input||No|
|High Pass Filter||No|
- Related items / Alternative products