The Latch Lake micKing 2200 is the best mic stand we're aware of. Each part of this stand is a significant improvement on what we're all used to. It reaches angles and heights that other stands cant reach and then it keeps the mic exactly where you put it without ever drooping at all. If you've spent more than say £2k on a microphone then you should seriously consider getting one; it'll last forever and make the recording experience that much more enjoyable.
Features and benefits:
• Clever base design - very stable, small footprint
• Strong joints that are easy to adjust - never going to droop mid take
• Heavy, adjustable counterweight - safely hold even the heaviest mics even with a reflexion filter and pop shield attached
• Extremely hard wearing - this is the last stand you'll ever buy, your grand-children will pass it on to their grand-children
• Big reach - on a Latch Lake stand, each section of tube is approximately 1m long, the 2200 has two tubes on the boom and two on the mast (3300 has three on each).
• Drum overheads
• Holding a heavy vocal microphone in front of a singer that's sitting at a piano
• Holding stereo mic arrays (decca tree, mid-side, x-y stereo pair)
• Protecting your irreplacable vintage 1958 Sony C37A microphone
• Holding loads of mics at once without using up lots of floor space
If you're into microphones then get in touch and we'll ship you a stand to try out. If you decide that you can live without it then we'll cover the cost of having it collected.