The Magma ExpressBox 3T lets you add three full length PCIe cards and connect them to your thunderbolt-ready computer.
The Magma ExpressBox 3T provides an external solution for using PCIe cards with a thunderbolt ready computer such as an Apple iMac, Mac Mini and macbook pro. Extremely portable the ExpressBox 3T is the ideal partner for the producer, sound engineer or musician on the road, as it allows him or her to bring its favourite DSP or a Pro Tools HD|Native or Pro Tools HDX system on the road and connect simply to your thunderbolt-equipped laptop.
Using the Thunderbolt technology, the Magma Expressbox 3T integrates perfectly into your workflow as it can be daisy-chained before or after your Thunderbolt audio interface and accept a high-resolution display using DisplayPort technology.
Another benefit from using the Magma ExpressBox 3T is the possibility of using legacy connectivity such as Firewire 400 or 800. Simply install your PCIe Firewire card into the Magma ExpressBox 3T and you’re ready to connect your Firewire Hard Drive, DSP device or audio interface. As a result the Magma ExpressBox 3T not only provides you with a portable and professional solution, it also protects your investments in PCIe cards
Magma ExpressBox 3T Thunderbolt to PCIe Expansion Overview:
• Supports (3) full-length PCI Express cards
• Use a variety x1, x4, x8 and x16 PCIe cards
• Two x8 and One x4 (one of the x8 slots accommodates a x16 Card)
• Thunderbolt features speeds up to 10Gbps
• Daisy-chain up to 6 Thunderbolt devices
• 250W power supply with (2) auxiliary power connectors
• Attach PCIe cards to Thunderbolt enabled computer
• Extension of PCI Express signals outside the computer
• Daisy-chain or end-point device
• Easy Plug and Play installation
• Use any combination of x1, x4, x8 and x16 PCIe cards
• Hot-swappable cooling fan
• Works with Mac OS X 10.6.8 or higher