Manley Massive Passive Mastering Version
- product images
- product info
- product specs
The Manley Massive Passive Mastering Edition Mastering Edition is a four-band, dual channel, valve passive EQ designed to provide an organic and extremely musical sound even with high settings.
The Manley Massive Passive Mastering Edition Mastering Edition uses passive components for its equalisation and exploits their natural qualities avoiding the distortion inherent to active circuitry. As a result, the Massive Passive Mastering Edition can provide twice the amount of EQ with half the colouration of most designs for a truly natural tone. Incorporating the strengths of Pultec designs, as well as some choice console EQs parametric and graphics, the Massive Passive Mastering Edition is nonetheless a truly different EQ. From subtle enhancements to radical sound-shaping this audio equalizer does it all. For example heavy HF boosts will add a lot of presence to vocals without adding sibilance, and LF will add heft without mud.
Unlike most EQ designs, All four bands of the Massive Passive Mastering Edition are not built in series but in parallel. This means that overlapping frequencies do not suffer from the cumulative effect of tweaking each band. As each band works from the exact same source, the result is much more transparent. Each band can be set to bypass, boost or cut as well as a bell or shelf. Each band is capable of 11dB of boost or cut with impressive headroom.
The Five high-pass and low pass filters are also added to remove unwanted frequencies in the LF and HF section. The frequencies have carefully been selected to solve problems encountered by mastering engineers rather than create special effects and are a fixed 18dB/oct slope apart from the highest 52kHz Low Pass filter which has a 30dB/oct slope.
Manley Massive Passive Mastering Edition Features:
- All-Passive tone sculpting circuitry
- Unique Shelf curves use the "bandwidth" control
- Overlapping and Interleaved Frequency choices
- Every band switchable to shelf or bell
- Vacuum tube make-up gain and line drivers
- Parallel symmetrical topology
- Premium components throughout
- HP and LP Filters plus gain trims
- Metal Manley mechanically detented GAIN and BANDWIDTH control knobs
Manley Massive Passive Mastering Edition Specifications:
- Ins & Outs Balanced XLR & 1/4" (accepts unbalanced)
- Level +4 dBu nominal, internal switches for -10 operation
- Bypass Switch bypasses EQ & tube circuits (not hardwire)
- 44 Frequencies (roughly 1/4 octave spacing)
- Frequency Range: 22 Hz to 27 kHz
- EQ Boost/Cut Range : Maximum 11dB boost or cut
- Nominal Q range: 1.5 to 3 (uniquely active in shelf modes)
- Frequency Response: ±2 dB: 8 Hz to 60 KHz
- Maximum Output @ 1.5% THD +37 dBv; +26dBv @ 20 Hz
- THD & Noise (1KHz @ +4 dBu): 0.06%
- Noise Floor (referred to +4dBu): -85 dB (A Weight)
- Dynamic Range: 120 dB
- Tube Complement: 2 x 12AU7, 4 x 6414
- Power Consumption (120/240VAC): 72 watts
- Unit is factory set for 100V, 120V or 220-240VAC operation for original destination country's mains voltage.
- Operating Mains Voltage changeable with power transformer changeover switch and fuse value change.
- Mains Voltage Frequency: 50~ 60Hz
- Size (3U): 19" x 5.25" x 10"
- Weight: Unit 21 lbs. Shipping Weight: 27 lbs.
|Short Description||Mastering Edition of the Massive Passive with maximum cut or boost of 11dB per band, carefully chosen LP and HP filters frequencies with fixed 18dB/oct slope and Gain and Bandwidth detented controls.|
|Demo in Store||N/A|
|Valve / Solid State||No|
|High Pass Filter||N/A|
|Low Pass Filter||N/A|
|High Frequency Range||N/A|
|High Mid Frequency Range||N/A|
|Mid Frequency Range||N/A|
|Low Mid Frequency Range||N/A|
|Low Frequency Range||N/A|
- Related items / Alternative products
- Recently viewed items
Inc. VAT: £36.00 Ex. VAT: £30.00
Inc. VAT: £145.00 Ex. VAT: £120.83
Inc. VAT: £1,105.66 Ex. VAT: £921.38
Inc. VAT: £2,499.00 Ex. VAT: £2,082.50
Inc. VAT: £509.00 Ex. VAT: £424.17