Manley Massive Passive
- product images
- product info
- product specs
The Manley Massive Passive is a four-band, dual channel, valve passive EQ designed to provide an organic and extremely musical sound even with high settings.
The Manley Massive Passive uses passive components for its equalisation and exploits their natural qualities avoiding the distortion inherent to active circuitry. As a result, the Massive Passive can provide twice the amount of EQ with half the colouration of most designs for a truly natural tone. Incorporating the strengths of Pultec designs, as well as some choice console EQs parametric and graphics, the Massive Passive is nonetheless a truly different EQ. From subtle enhancements to radical sound-shaping this audio equalizer does it all. For example heavy HF boosts will add a lot of presence to vocals without adding sibilance, and LF will add heft without mud.
Unlike most EQ designs, All four bands of the Massive Passive are not built in series but in parallel. This means that overlapping frequencies do not suffer from the cumulative effect of tweaking each band. As each band works from the exact same source, the result is much more transparent. Each band can be set to bypass, boost or cut as well as a bell or shelf. Each band is capable of 20dB of boost or cut with impressive headroom. Five extremely steep high-pass and low pass filters are also added to remove unwanted frequencies such as low-end rumble. Both HPF and LPF interact with the main parametric EQ section.
Manley Massive Passive Features:
- All-Passive tone sculpting circuitry
- Unique Shelf curves use the "bandwidth" control
- Overlapping and Interleaved Frequency choices
- Every band switchable to shelf or bell
- Vacuum tube make-up gain and line drivers
- Parallel symmetrical topology
- Premium components throughout
- Passive HP and LP Filters plus gain trims
Manley Massive Passive Specifications:
- Ins & Outs Balanced XLR & 1/4" (accepts unbalanced)
- Level +4 dBu nominal, internal switches for -10 operation
- Bypass Switch bypasses EQ & tube circuits (not hardwire)
- 44 Frequencies (roughly 1/4 octave spacing)
- Frequency Range: 22 Hz to 27 kHz
- EQ Boost/Cut Range : 20 dB boost, 20 dB cut
- Nominal Q range: 1.5 to 3 (uniquely active in shelf modes)
- Frequency Response: ±2 dB: 8 Hz to 60 KHz
- Maximum Output @ 1.5% THD +37 dBv; +26dBv @ 20 Hz
- THD & Noise (1KHz @ +4 dBu): 0.06%
- Noise Floor (referred to +4dBu): -85 dB (A Weight)
- Dynamic Range: 120 dB
- Tube Complement: 2 x 12AX7 EH, 4 x 6414 for serial MSMPX### after 2/2004
- Tube Complement: 2 x 5751, 4 x 6414 for serial MSMP### until 2/2004
- Power Consumption (120/240VAC): 72 watts
- Unit is factory set for 100V, 120V or 220-240VAC operation for original destination country's mains voltage.
- Operating Mains Voltage changeable with power transformer changeover switch and fuse value change.
- Mains Voltage Frequency: 50~ 60Hz
- Size (3U): 19" x 5.25" x 10"
- Weight: Unit 21 lbs. Shipping Weight: 27 lbs.
|Short Description||Passive dual-channel, four-band, valve EQ designed to provide an organic and extremely musical sound even with high settings.|
|Demo in Store||Yes|
|Valve / Solid State||Valve|
|High Pass Filter||Stepped: 22Hz, 39Hz, 68Hz, 120Hz, 220Hz|
|Low Pass Filter||Stepped: 18kHz, 12kHz, 9kHz, 7.5kHz, 6kHz|
|High Frequency Range||560Hz - 27kHz|
|High Mid Frequency Range||220Hz - 10kHz|
|Mid Frequency Range||No|
|Low Mid Frequency Range||82Hz - 3.9kHz|
|Low Frequency Range||22Hz - 1kHz|
|Channel Count||Dual Channel|
- Related items / Alternative products