Neumann KH 420 3-way Active Studio Monitor (Pair)
- product images
- product info
- product specs
The Neumann KH 420 is a 3-way active studio monitor and an update on the highly praised Klein and Hummel O410 featuring the latest technique in acoustical, electronic and mechanical design.
The Neumann KH 420 is designed for use as a main monitor in medium sized studios or mid field monitors in large facilities. Designed to be used in music production, broadcast and post-production, the KH 420 monitors are equally at ease during, tracking, mixing or mastering as well as part of a multi-channel setup.
Designed to represent a new benchmark in audio reproduction, the KH 420 monitors feature a new Mathematically Modelled Dispersion (MMD) waveguide, optimised drivers and acoustical controls to provide the best possible sound in most situations. The 10” long-throw bass driver uses Extremely Linear Force Factor (ELFF) technology and a die-cast basket optimised to allow the most power and direct sound reducing unwanted smearing of the bass, while the specifically designed bass reflex port with damped pipes provides additional power and extended Low frequency response. A 3” Mid driver and 1” Tweeter make full use of Neumann’s MMD wave guides with wide horizontal and narrow vertical planes offering a wide and focused sweet spot. The mid driver and tweeter can be rotated to use the studio monitors horizontally or vertically while providing the optimum sound diffraction.
The back of the monitors provide an impressive amount of controls from acoustical controls offering Low, Mid and HF cuts, complemented by a three-band parametric EQ with crossover controls ensures that the monitors fit perfectly in your room. An additional Gain control offers an Output Level control which activates the different stages of the powerful Class AB amplifier. This is complemented by an input gain knob to ensure optimum gain structure.
Neumann KH 420 3-way Active Studio Monitor Key Features:
- Computer mechanically modeled three-way cabinet design using Low resonance Integral Molding™ (LRIM™) materials
- New in-house simulated magnetically shielded drivers
- Powerful alloy fabric dome tweeter with built-in grille
- Fabric dome, neodymium magnet, midrange driver
- Long throw bass driver with Extremely Linear Force Factor™ (ELFF™) and flow optimized die cast basket
- High-capacity flow-optimized bass reflex ports with pipe damped
- Elliptical Mathematically Modeled Dispersion™ (MMD™) waveguide, with wide horizontal and narrow vertical dispersion
- Two-color dimmable Neumann logo
- Electronics panel with generously dimensioned integrated Accelerated Heat Tunneling™ (AHT™) heat sink
- Fast-acting independent thermo limiters for woofer, midrange dome and tweeter to protect the voice coils. Woofer soft clip and excursion limiters.
- Production consistency due to individual hand-alignment in final test
- 4-position bass, low-mid and treble acoustical controls and easy to use parametric equalizer
- Wide range input gain and output level controls
- Ground lift
- Optional (DIM 1) digital XLR/BNC inputs and buffered BNC output
- Optional (DIM 1) lipsync delay
- Optional (DIM 1) time-of-flight delay
- Universal dual (bass and mid/treble) switched-mode power supplies (100 … 240 V)
- Fully documented extensive mounting hardware options
- Optional robust metal grille
- Optional transportation accessories
|Short Description||3-way active studio monitor for midfield or main applications.|
|Demo in Store||N/A|
|Type||Midfield / Main|
|LF Driver Size||3"|
|Horizontal or Vertical||Horizontal or Vertical|
- Related items / Alternative products