Arturia MatrixBrute announced at NAMM 2016
Arturia have unveiled their latest analogue monster at NAMM 2016 the rumoured and much anticipated MatrixBrute; a beastly knob encrusted three oscillator analogue synthesizer with a massive 64-point patching modulation matrix. Arturia's biggest and best synthesizer to date.
Arturia have not disappointed here. This is a serious synthesis machine with a HUGE arsenal of sound design tools, instantly tweakable and accessible directly from the front panel. And you know what, Its got preset storage memory for patches and the modulation matrix.
So what is the MatrixBrute?
As the name suggests, the MatrixBrute does borrow some of the architecture from the revolutionary MiniBrute and also sandwiches in some brand new features and sound design tools, it includes;
- Two multi-wave analogue Brute oscillators that we all know are already sonically versatile in their own right, with saw, square, triangle and sub
- 100% analogue signal path
- One linear VCO with saw, square, triangle and sine waveforms, but more uniquely it can also run as an LFO for extra modulation capabilities
- Wide range of audio modulation capabilities, including cross mod and FM effects
- Noise generator with four noise types; white, pink, red and blue.
- 5-input audio mixer with internal filter routing options
- Two filters, one Steiner Park filter, with the synthesis parameters from the MiniBrute (drive, brute factor, low pass, high pass, bandpass and notch) and one traditional ladder filter with switchable 12db and 24db per octave switching. These can be routed in series or parallel.
- Two wide range multi-wave LFO’s
- 49-note keyboard
- Three envelope generators, two ADSR and one DADSR
- A MASSIVE 16x16 modulation matrix panel with user assignable destinations!!
- 64-step sequencer with memory locations and preset management, slides and accents per step and modulation sequencing
- 256 memory locations for storing presets
- Onboard VCO mixer with filtering capabilities
- 12 CV inputs and outputs for modular or eurorack integration
- Analogue effects including; multi-stage BBD delay, flanger, chorus and analogue reverb
- MIDI and USB IO
- External audio input with level control
- Paraphonic, Duophonic or monophonic play modes
As you can see from the spec alone, this is a powerhouse, groundbreaking machine with serious sound design applications in mind. Just from looking at the patching matrix alone you can get an idea of how sonically versatile this synth is, we can’t wait to get our hands on one.
Everyone thought Artuia would simply release a polyphonic MiniBrute and whilst that would have been cool, we did not expect this. Though the synth is incredibly well spec'd the controls are immediate and incredibly user friendly.
The synth features the tilt design we’ve become accustomed to with other similar synthesizers of this form factor, the synth can be used flat or tilted, however you like. If you’re a modular user there’s a wealth of CV and gate connectivity for inter-modulation and communication between MatrixBrute and your eurorack system.
We have stock reserved from the first UK shipment and are taking pre orders now, these are expected to ship in in the spring, price TBC.
For more information, click online, visit us in store or call us today.
By Tom Lewis