Crane Song announce an update to the ever popular Avocet II Monitor Controller.
The Crane Song Avocet IIA is a mastering-grade monitor controller featuring Dave Hill's 5th generation Quantum DAC; a digital to analogue converter working at 32-bit with asynchronous sample rate conversion. The Avocet IIA offers upsampling to 211kHz for increased jitter reduction which now is less than 1pS, the best rejection specs of any monitor controller by any manufacturer. The result is unprecedented definition.
Additional features include new subwoofer outputs for all the analogue monitor outputs, and a 0.25dB stepped programmable output level for even more accurate level matching between speakers.
A new remote control is also included with programmable pads replacing the previous external XLR 'block' pads. The remote offers control over dim, mute, phase, mono and 16-bit truncation. A Speaker Select switch also sends line level audio to any of the three outputs.
Existing Avocet II owners can upgrade to the latest DA but cannot upgrade to the new remote control.
Crane Song Avocet IIA Monitoring Controller Main Features:
- Mastering grade monitor controller
- 5th Generation Quantum DAC offers unrivalled jitter rejection (as low as 1pS)
- Pristine, detailed, focused and bigger sound
- Rack unit and desktop remote control
- Improved functionality of the remote
- Three digital inputs
- Three digital outputs
- Three stereo analogue inputs on XLRs
- 0.25dB steps output level control
- Subwoofer output for all analogue outputs
- Intuitive operation
The Crane Song Avocet IIA is available to preorder with the first shipment scheduled in the first quarter of 2016.
Crane Song Avocet IIA Price: £2000 ex VAT (£2400 inc VAT)