We're exceptionally pleased to announce that we're hosting the second annual London Synthesizer Expo at KMR Audio, at our North London showroom on Friday 13th of May 2016.
This is your chance to get wiggling with some of the latest synthesis innovations, meet the designers and play with some of the most sought after new releases. Plus free beer. Whether you're a seasoned modular user, sound design aficionado or new to synthesis in general, there will be something for everyone. Did we mention the beer?
What is better than being surrounded by loads of synths, boutique pro audio gear and cold beer...........? We thought so to.
Entry is completely free on the day and we strongly encourage anyone who is even remotely interested in synthesis or sound to attend! Feel free to bring your synths and sound making toys along, we've got plenty of speakers, headphone and inputs at our disposal.
- Alex Theakston will be representing Moog and Arturia and will showing off the most highly coveted releases in recent years, the awesome Keystep, semi-modular MicroBrute and the rather sublime MiniBrute plus Moog Mother 32, plus a whole host of other toys to boot.
- Mark Lowes and Chris Dominey from Novation will be on hand to show off the Bass Station II, Ultranova and Mininova plus the latest updates to hit the Circuit Groovebox.
- Justin Owen, the man behind Abstract Data will be here showing off his award winning ADE-32 and some of the new modular creations currently on the bench.
- Simon Lowther will be on hand to represent Studio Electronics with their monster Sensei System which includes a few of the brand new releases including Charcot Circles and the wonderful Grainy Clamp it.
- Dan Taman will be representing Roland and will be showing off their new eurorack modules from the System 500 range, plus showing off the new enhanced functionality of the AIRA modular range.
- Ed & Martin will be representing the local team Rebel Technology and will have a whole host of modular tools to hand including the very capable and very powerful OWL modular.
- Allan Hall from AJH Synth will be present and correct to show off his Minimod system and some of his brand new modules Sonic XV and Ring SM.
- Paul Soulsby from Soulsby Synthesizers will be on hand to show off the super cool Oscitron Wavetable oscillator and the Atmegatron synthesizers.
- Dimitra and John from Dreadbox will be making the pilgrimage from Greece to show us the brand new modular system and their groundbreaking semi modular monster, EREBUS.
- Luca from Modal Electronics will be showing off the brand new range of Eurorack modules and also showing us the very beautiful "00" series of synthesizers.
- Luke from Korg will be showing off the brand new Minilogue, the ARP Odyssey, and the rather exquisite Volca FM.
Plus KMR will have a tonne of synths and modules from Hypersynth, Korg, Dave Smith, Elektron, Mutable Instruments, TipTop Audio, Intellijel, Doepfer, Audio Damage, Flame, Noise Engineering, 4MS, Malekko, Synthrotek, Flame, Bastl Instruments, Roger Linn, MFB, Tom Oberheim and much much more.
Our address is;
KMR Audio North London
1375 high road
Whetstone, London, N20 9LN
T:+44 (0)20 8445 2446
We are 5 mins walk from Totteridge and Whetstone station, which is part of the Northern Line. There is on road parking opposite to the store and on street available directly outside the store from 10am until 4pm and then 7pm onwards.
For more information please email our resident synth specialist Tom Lewis; email@example.com or 020 8445 2446