Overstayer Stereo Field Effect Compressor
- product images
- product info
- product specs
The Overstayer Stereo Field Effect is a stereo FET compressor and limiter designed to provide compression as well as analogue colouration.
The Overstayer Stereo Field Effect has one set of controls which affect both channels for true stereo operation. Like other classic FET compressor and limiters, the Stereo Field Effect or SFE has fixed ratios including the ubiquitous 4:1, 8:1, 12:1 but also includes Low and Lim ratios for more subtle or extreme compression settings. Threshold is controlled via the input level knob while the output level knob makes it easy to keep the level consistent. Attack and Release controls allow for the shaping of the compression while a Blend knob adjusts the amount of dry and wet signal.
Harmonic and Non-linear modes are designed to add further tonal shaping capabilities by adding rich colour and character to compression as well as more punch and energy. A side-chain filter is provided which allows the compression not to be triggered by excessive low end or even removing any compression and simply allowing the harmonic colouration to happen. Used in combination with the discrete harmonics stages ensures that the sound remains full and solid even when a lot of compression is applied.
The Overstayer Stereo Field is more than a simple FET compressor or limiter, but is a versatile colour box that will provide truly unique dynamic textures and richness.
Overstayer Stereo Field Compressor Main Features:
- Classic FET compression in stereo with single controls
- Discrete harmonics circuitry to add rich color and character to the compression, integration that gives you a fluid recording/mix chain
- Parallel blend control; adjust compression and harmonics as aggressively as needed and balance to taste
- Multiple ratios allow for subtle control to harder limiting, while the external sidechain loop can be used to shape further or bypass compression altogether, driving only the analog harmonics
- Nonlinear mode brings creative and extreme punch, and energized compression balanced with additional harmonics
- Transformer balanced discrete output stage
- Power supply included with rugged 5 pin XLR connector and IEC cable
|Short Description||Stereo FET compressor and limiter designed to provide compression as well as analogue colouration.|
|Demo in Store||Yes|
|Valve / Solid State||Solid State|
|Channel Count||Dual Channel|
|Ratio||Low, 4:1, 8:1, 12:1, LIM|
|High Pass Filter||No|
|Side Chain Input||Yes|
- Related items / Alternative products
- Recently viewed items
Inc. VAT: £398.00 Ex. VAT: £331.67
Inc. VAT: £1,629.00 Ex. VAT: £1,357.50
Inc. VAT: £649.00 Ex. VAT: £540.83
Inc. VAT: £1,014.00 Ex. VAT: £845.00
Inc. VAT: £310.00 Ex. VAT: £258.33