Pulse Technique EQP-1S3-SS Solid State Pultec EQ
- product images
- product info
- product specs
The Pulse Technique EQP-1S3-SS is a solid-state version of the flagship EQP-1S3 Pultec EQ with additional frequencies and an API 2520 Op-amp replacing the valve gain stage.
The Pulse Technique EQP-1S3-SS features different curves and frequency points more suited for modern productions with low shelf frequency points include 30Hz, 40Hz, 70Hz and 100Hz. Additional frequency points have been added to the high shelf band now offering 9 selectable frequencies: 1kHz, 2kHz, 3kHz, 4kHz, 5kHz, 6kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz and 12kHz.
Using an API 2520 Op-amp instead of the valve gain circuitry provides a more transparent tone while keeping the musicality and depth of the original. Another benefit is that the unit will not require valves to be changed making it more affordable to maintain and to purchase.
Dr Steven Jackson has dedicated many years studying and sourcing original-spec component to recreate this classic EQ. In addition to using exact matching components, the EQP-1S3-SS uses point to point soldering just like on the original Pultec.
Pulse Technique EQP-1S3-SS Solid State Pultec EQ Main Features:
- Single-channel, 2-band equalizer built exactly like the original, legendary Pultec units
- More selectable frequencies than the Pultec EQP-1A3
- Combines the vintage character of original Pultecs with the reliability of modern design
- API 2520 op-amp for makeup gain is a distinct sonic alternative than the tube-based version
- Incredibly low noise floor for a pure sound
- Bandwidth control lets you decide how wide a range you're sculpting
- Separate boost and cut controls provide some extra creative potential
- Input Transformer: 600 Ohms
- Output Transformer: 600 Ohms
- Noise: Below -80 dBmDistortion: ≤ 0.15% at 10 dBm into 600 Ohms
- Amplifier: 20 CPS to 20 KCS; +0, -1 dB ref 1 KCS including input/output xfmrs
- Output Level: +21 dBm maximum
|Short Description||Solid-state version of the flagship EQP-1S3 Pultec EQ with additional frequencies and an API 2520 Op-amp replacing the valve gain stage|
|Demo in Store||N/A|
- Related items / Alternative products