Rupert Neve Designs 535
500 Series Diode Bridge Compressor
- product Description
- Additional Information
The Rupert Neve Designs 535 is a 500 series diode bridge compressor taking the original concept of the legendary Neve 2254 and updating to the requirements of modern productions. It boasts a custom transformers and Class A amps.
The Rupert Neve Designs 535 was originally designed for the takes the original Shelford Channel trying to recreate the unique characteristics of the 2254 with lower noise floor, increased threshold, ratios and number of time constants. It also boasts side-chain circuit detection and built-in blend control.
The Rupert Neve Designs 535 is extremely flexible and can sound very transparent at lower settings, but push it further and it will add tons of character making your source sound punchy, fat and colourful.
Time constants are activated via the Timing control which controls both Attack and Release with a choice of 6 options called: Fast, MF, MED, MS, Slow and Auto. Each of these time constants have a direct impact on the harmonic content added to the audio path.
The Ratio control offers a choice of six ratios ranging from 1.5:1 all the way up to 8:1 and the Threshold ranges between -25dBu all the way up to +20dBu in 31 detented steps. The S/C HPF engages a 12dB/octave sidechain high-pass filter fixed at 150Hz, ensuring that bass heavy content doesn’t engage the compression unnecessarily.
The RND 535 makes parallel processing easy with its onboard Blend control adding much more flexibility to an amazingly versatile compressor. A Link switch also lets connect two units together for true stereo behaviour
Rupert Neve Designs 535 Main Features:
- 500 Series compressor based on Rupert Neve's classic diode-bridge topologies
- Updated, modern circuitry for state-of-the-art performance and increased versatility
- Thick, punchy, and characterful signal enhancement
- Slower TIMING settings produce more transparent-sounding results
- BLEND control for onboard parallel compression
- Sidechain highpass filter minimizes the negative influence of LF content
- Stereo LINK switch utilizes the link buss built into many 500 Series chassis
- Custom RND transformers and Class A output amplifiers
- Stepped controls throughout for accuracy and repeatability
- Precision LED level and gain-reduction meters
- COMP IN switch for instant wet/dry comparison
- Not standalone — requires compatible 500 Series chassis
|Short Description||500 series diode bridge compressor taking the original concept of the legendary Neve 2254 and updating to the requirements of modern productions. It boasts custom transformers and Class A amps.|
|Demo in Store||No|
|Manufacturer||Rupert Neve Designs|
ADD CUSTOM BUNDLE OF YOUR CHOICE
AND SAVE UP TO 65% ON PLUG-INS
CHOOSE YOUR CUSTOM BUNDLE:
No UAD-2 CUSTOM BUNDLE
Universal Audio UAD Custom 2 BundleInc. VAT: £229.00 Ex. VAT: £190.83
SAVE UP TO 25%
Universal Audio UAD Custom 3 BundleInc. VAT: £339.00 Ex. VAT: £282.50
SAVE UP TO 33%
Universal Audio UAD Custom 6 BundleInc. VAT: £529.00 Ex. VAT: £440.83
SAVE UP TO 50%
Universal Audio UAD Custom 10 BundleInc. VAT: £749.00 Ex. VAT: £624.17
SAVE UP TO 60%
Universal Audio UAD Ultimate 7 Upgrade BundleInc. VAT: £2,999.00 Ex. VAT: £2,499.17
SAVE UP TO 65%