Schoeps V4 U Studio Vocal Microphone
- product images
- product info
- product specs
The Schoeps V4 U combines the uncompromising technical characteristics associated with the German manufacturer with a beautiful and timeless design inspired by Schoeps’s original CM51/3 vintage microphone dating back to 1951. However, the V4 U is resolutely a modern microphone using the latest in technology as well as extensive research and development.
A brand new capsule has been developed to ensure outstanding technical performance but also to achieve Schoeps uncompromising vision of how a studio vocal microphone should sound like. After extensive research Schoeps has decided to use a small diaphragm capsule delivering transparency of sound and homogeneity of response curves thanks to a unique bevelled ring around the membrane, increasing the effective diameter of the microphone, and controlling the polar response of the microphone.
The result is a microphone with a warm yet clear sounds with a slight 2dB lift in the high mid frequencies between approximately 2k Hz and 15k Hz. The Polar pattern is very smooth and controlled helping keep focus on the on-axis signal. Off-axis, the Schoeps exhibits a gentle rolled off diffuse-field response starting from 6 kHz.
This beautiful and unique microphone delivers outstanding performance with extremely low signal to noise ratio and very high SPL.
Schoeps V4 U Studio Vocal Microphone Overview:
• Studio Vocal Microphone
• New small-diaphragm capsule architecture, with bevelled collar for controlling the polar response.
• Warm, clear sonic character with smoothly rolled-off diffuse-field response.
• Capsule head with adjustable tilt angle.
• Optimal on-axis frequency response featuring a mild high-frequency lift.
• Very smooth polar response; carefully-controlled narrowing of the pattern at high frequencies.
• Diffuse-field response parallel to the 0 ° response, with a gentle roll-off at high frequencies.
• Newly designed electronics offer a very high maximum sound pressure level.
• A 33-mm beveled collar causes the capsule’s directivity to increase steadily and smoothly at high frequencies, as in a largediaphragm microphone.
• Meanwhile, the superior acoustic qualities of a small-diaphragm capsule like the extraordinarily smooth frequency and polar response are maintained.
• The capsule is elastically suspended internally to reduce solid-borne sound such as handling noise.
• Newly-developed bridge-type balanced output circuit.
• Maximum sound pressure level of 144 dB SPL, corresponding to an output level of 4.8 V.
• Output stage transformerless and free of coupling capacitors.
• The resulting output impedance is low and constant with frequency, while the symmetry is very high.
• Symmetrical, balanced output, the entire audio circuit is symmetrical from the output of the FET onward.
• High immunity to interference, with gapless shielding and a modern RFI filter at the output; very good electromagnetic compatibility.
Schoeps V4 U Studio Vocal Microphone Technical Specifications:
• Directional pattern: Cardioid
• Frequency range: 50 Hz - 22 kHz
• Sensitivity: 16 mV/Pa
• Equivalent noise level (A-weighted): 15 dB-A
• Equivalent noise level (CCIR): 25 dB
• Signal-to-noise ratio (A-weighted): 79 dB-A
• Maximum sound pressure level at 0.5% THD: 144 dB-SPL
• Maximum output voltage: 4.8 V
• Low-cut frequency: 40 Hz
• Powering voltage: 48 V
• Current consumption: 3.3 mA
• Length: 194 mm
• Weight: 302 g
• Diameter (cylinder): 34 mm
• Width of the capsule head: 45 mm
• Head swivel degree span: +/- 20 °
|Short Description||Studio vocal microphone featuring a unique small diaphragm architecture with bevelled ring around the membrane, very smooth polar response and smoothly rolled-off diffuse-field response|
|Demo in Store||N/A|
|Microphone Type||Ribbon Microphone|
|Valve / Solid State||No|
|High Pass Filter||No|
- Related items / Alternative products
- Recently viewed items
Inc. VAT: £2,965.00 Ex. VAT: £2,470.83
Inc. VAT: £2,285.00 Ex. VAT: £1,904.17
Inc. VAT: £540.00 Ex. VAT: £450.00
Inc. VAT: £1,398.00 Ex. VAT: £1,165.00
Inc. VAT: £259.00 Ex. VAT: £215.83
ADD CUSTOM BUNDLE OF YOUR CHOICE
AND SAVE UP TO 65% ON PLUG-INS
CHOOSE YOUR CUSTOM BUNDLE:
No UAD-2 CUSTOM BUNDLE
Universal Audio UAD Custom 2 Bundle£190.83
SAVE UP TO 25%
Universal Audio UAD Custom 3 Bundle£282.50
SAVE UP TO 33%
Universal Audio UAD Custom 6 Bundle£440.83
SAVE UP TO 50%
Universal Audio UAD Custom 10 Bundle£624.17
SAVE UP TO 60%
Universal Audio UAD Ultimate 5 Upgrade Bundle£3,165.83
SAVE UP TO 65%