The Shure SM7B dynamic microphone has a smooth, flat, wide-range frequency response appropriate for music and speech in all professional audio applications. It features excellent shielding against electromagnetic hum generated by computer monitors, neon lights, and other electrical devices.
The SM7B has been updated from earlier models with an improved bracket design that offers greater stability. In addition to its standard windscreen, it also includes the A7WS windscreen for close-talk applications.
- Flat, wide-range frequency response for exceptionally clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech
- Bass roll-off and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) controls with graphic display of response setting
- Improved rejection of electromagnetic hum, optimized for shielding against broadband interference emitted by computer monitors
- Internal "air suspension" shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission
- Highly effective pop filter eliminates the need for any add-on protection against explosive breath sounds, even for close-up vocals or narration
- Now shipping with the A7WS detachable windscreen, designed to reduce plosive sounds and gives a warmer tone for close-talk vocals
- Yoke mounting with captive stand nut for easy mounting and dismounting provides precise control of microphone position
- Classic cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetrical about axis, to provide maximum rejection and minimum colouration of off-axis sound
- Rugged construction and excellent cartridge protection for outstanding reliability
APPLICATIONS: Recording Studio—Instrumental and Vocal (particularly good on Hip-Hop and Rock Male vocals), Location Recording, Motion Picture and Television Scoring, Television Talk Shows and News Desks, Radio Announcing and Production, Narration
- Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 50 to 20,000 Hz
- Impedance: Microphone impedance rating is 150 Ohms (150 Ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated at 19 to 300 Ohms
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3
- Output Level (at 1,000 Hz) Open Circuit Voltage: – 59.0 dB (1.12 mV)
- Electromagnetic Hum Sensitivity (Typical, Equivalent SPL/milliOersted): 60 Hz: 11 dB, 500 Hz: 24 dB, 1 kHz: 33 dB
- Switches: Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis: Slotted response selector switches
- Cartridge Shock Mount: Internal air-suspension shock and vibration isolator
- Microphone Connector: Three-pin professional audio (XLR)
- Swivel Assembly: Integrated, captive nut for ease of attachment to stand, fits 5/8 in.–27 thread
- Case: Dark gray enamel aluminum and steel case with dark gray foam windscreen
A Must-Have Tool for Dynamics and Ribbons!
Cloudlifter CL-1 Mic Activator is an easy to use, compact solution for common audio problems faced in the field and in the studio. Designed for all passive microphones – including ribbons- the CL-1 safely uses any standard phantom powered microphone input device to provide up to +25db of ultra-clean, transparent gain.
Cloudlifters dramatically improve the performance of passive microphone signals by driving stronger, cleaner signals over longer XLR cable runs, making them ideal for broadcast, live, and studio applications. Enclosed in a rugged steel enclosure offering excellent shielding, the CL-1 additionally has provisions for stage or stand mounting with the included strap.
Using patent-pending technology that keeps the direct audio path free-and-clear of transformers, capacitors, and resistors, the CL-1 houses direct-coupled, discrete JFET circuitry that delivers world-class, ultra-clean gain while preserving the natural sonic characteristics of the source.
Cloudlifters are recommended for improving the signal to noise ratio and performance of passive microphone/preamp combinations with the following:
- Recording direct into a DAW interface
- noisy or low gain preamps
- mixers/preamps that negatively impact the sound at higher gain setting
- passive ribbon microphones
- low-output dynamic microphones
- miking softer sound sources such as acoustic instruments and voice
- long cable runs (output)
- Gives passive mics up to +25dB additional active output
- Provides 2 ultra-clean gain stages using 4 hand-matched JFETs
- Easy to use self-contained design requires only phantom power
- Recommended for use with all passive microphones
- Safe for all passive ribbons with no transfer of phantom
- Utilizes Patent Pending Ultra-transparent Discrete D/C JFET circuitry
- Ideal impedance loading for optimal performance @3Kohms
- Rugged, road ready and portable, for studio, stage and broadcasting
- Free lifetime limited warranty for parts and labor, with registration
- Handcrafted entirely in the USA
Like all Cloud Microphones products, the Cloudlifter™ Mic Activator™ series is handcrafted using environmentally friendly methods, entirely in the USA.