Slate Digital VTM Virtual Tape Machines recreates the sound of some legendary tapes and tape machines delivering the big, warm and rich sound of tape into your DAW.
Slate Digital Virtual Tape Machines emulates two different tape machines, a 2” 16-channel tape recorder and a much sought-after ¼” 2-track mastering tape machine. In addition, Slate Digital VTM offers a choice of 2 speed 15ips or 30ips each offering different yet pleasing highly desired properties. Choose 15ips for deeper low-end and thicker sound or 30ips for a brighter sound and lower noise. In addition to Tape speed, the Slate Digital Virtual Tape Machines offers a choice of two different tape calibration based on the most popular models, each producing a slightly different sound and a 3-way switch controlling the Bias of the tape recorder.
Additional settings of the Slate Digital Virtual Tape Machines allow you to work control all the effects associated with tapes such as Wow and Flutter, Hiss, Calibration levels and Bass Alignment, and Noise Reduction controls giving you further control of your tape sound.
Slate Digital VTM Virtual Tape Machine Overview:
• Most advanced, dynamic, true-to-life analog tape emulation ever achieved
• VTM is a dynamic, interactive, living, breathing replication of tape recording. No static modeling.
• Mac/Windows VST, RTAS, AU
• 16 track 2" machine and 1/2" mastering deck
• Two tape formulations, two tape speeds
• Calibration, bass alignment, wow & flutter, constant gain I/O, grouping, noise reduction
• Requires iLok 2