Softube Tube-Tech CL1B
- product images
- product info
- product specs
Softube Tube-Tech CL 1B is a highly versatile optical, tube-based compressor that delivers personality whilst being useful on a variety of sound sources. It can be used to control signals or generate punch and bring life to your mixes.
Softube Tube-Tech CL1B holds its position within the recording industry for its ability to respond well to sound sources with a wide frequency range. Its way of controlling the lows of a bass guitar whilst attaining a snappy presence or bringing a large sound to an acoustic guitar, however making it appear close to the listener, makes the Tube-Tech CL 1B the ideal go to application for achieving these results. A big part of the CL1B sound is the optical gain reduction circuit, which appears directly after the input transformers. It has a tendency of a very quick release time, which drastically slows down and can take up to several seconds to fully recover, enabling for more control of shorter events within the signal whilst maintaining control of the overall sound.
A tube push-pull amplifier is followed directly after with variable gain up to 30dB with balanced Input and Output transformers and a static-screen that lies between the primary and secondary wiring.
Softube Tube-Tech CL 1B Key Features
- Unique low distortion gain-reduction element
- All tube-based push-pull amplifier
- Multiple interconnection of several compressors via two busses
- VU-meter for monitoring input, compression and output
- Continuously variable attack and release time
- Gain Range (off to +30 dB)
- Variable Threshold (off to -40 dBu)
- Frequency response @ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 25 kHz
- Low noise: < -75 dBu @30 dB gain
- Clickless bypass switch
|Short Description||Emulation of the classic Tube-Tech CL1B optical tube compressor.|
|Demo in Store||N/A|
- Related items / Alternative products