The SSL Xlogic Alpha-Link MADI SX is a 2U, MADI to AES/EBU breakout box offering 24 channels of SSL digital audio conversion, 24 AES/EBU digital and 64 channels of MADI optical connection (32 when used at 96 kHz).
With the XLogic MADI SX you can connect between SSL's Delta-Link MX4 or MadXtreme interfaces or to other MADI consoles. It can also be used to cascade similar units.
On the front panel, controls are clear and well laid-out, giving easy conversion between formats. Unlike similar units, the SSL MADI SX also allows you to access all the digital I/Os at the same time as the analogue I/Os - a very useful feature that means you don't have to disable one to check the other - thus achieving maximum flexibility.
The Solid State Logic XLogic MADI SX, also has a Word Clock I/O, letting you sync to video, as well as being the master clock for a number of other devices.
Including MIDI I/O and a front-panel headphone socket, the SSL Alphalink MADI SX has a rear panel multi-pin Expansion Port to complete a dedicated and useful package.
SSL Alpha-Link MADI SX Overview:
• 24 I/O Analogue
• 24 I/O AES/EBU
• 56 or 64 MADI digital inputs and outputs at up to 48kHz, 28 or 32 MADI digital inputs and outputs at up to 96kHz.
• 24 balanced analogue inputs and outputs with SSL enhanced AD DA at up to 96kHz on D-Sub connectors (for use with D-Sub to XLR looms).
• Word/SuperClock input and output.
• Video Sync input functionality for the WordClock input: the Video Sync. signal can be converted to WordClock internally and transmitted via the WordClock output.
• MIDI input and output.
Connects to Mixpander via Expansion Bus port.
• All input and output channels can be used simultaneously in any configuration.
• Comprehensive input/output routing & mode selection matrix
• Analogue input/output metering via 24 tricolour LEDs