The Solid State Logic XLogic Alpha VHD Pre is a rack-mounted four channel mic pre-amp featuring their versatile VHD tonal shaper. With VHD power, as used on the Duality console, the Alpha VHD Pre allows users to add just the right amount of Variable Harmonic Distortion - a touch of 2nd order warmth perhaps or an edge from some 3rd order, even? Or just crank it up with a blend of either - for maximum sonic attack.
But the SSL Alpha VHD Pre is also capable of excellent results when used clean. Distortion is there when you drive the VHD Pre hard, but the rest of the time the sound is as sweet as you would expect from SSL.
Each channel is equipped with direct front-panel access jacks for your convenience, Pad, Phantom Power, a Hi Z switch to allow easy connection of different impedance inputs and a top quality mic preamp of the type that SSL are famous for, as well as VHD - here you have an excellent package to bring SSL quality into your studio.
SSL XLogic Alpha VHD Pre Overview:
• Ultra-clean SSL preamp with 75 dB of gain
• 48v Phantom Power
• 20dB Pad Switches that illuminate to indicate overload •
Hi Z switches to accommodate mic, line and instrument level signals
• Four independent Variable Harmonic Drive systems
• Front panel 1/4" jack instrument/line level inputs with passive DI type impedance detection and level matching
• Individual input, output and VHD controls for each section
• Rear panel XLR mic/line inputs and XLR outputs
|Short Description||Four input SSL rackmount mic pre-amp with Variable Harmonic Distortion and front panel instrument access for DAW users|
|Demo in Store||No|
|Valve / Solid State||Solid State|
|Channel Count||Multi Channel|
|Side Chain Input||No|
|High Pass Filter||N/A|