The SSL XLogic X-Rack VHD Input Module is channel-strip unit for the X-Rack range, offering a mic/line pre-amp with variable 2nd and 3rd order harmonic distortion, LPF and HPF, plus Listen Mic Compression, in an X-Rack format.
Using the VHD Input Module to showcase their Variable Harmonic Drive, as used in the Duality console, Solid State Logic have created the ideal unit to allow you to add the warmth and drive of a valve channel as well as the hard edge of a transistor circuit, to your input sounds - but with the sophistication and commitment to quality that SSL know how to deliver best.
A variable shift control between the 2nd and 3rd order harmonics lets you create any blend of the two that you require. A variable Trim control after the X-Rack VHD Input stage acts much as the 'master volume' does following the pre-amp stage in a guitar amplifier - to bring down the overall level after you have increased the 'input gain'.
Low-pass and high-pass filters allow you focus in on your sounds and a fixed-attack and release compressor lets you deliver them with added punch.
But it's not all distortion, either - the X-Rack VHD Module is just as capable of providing great sounding, clean recordings too - right at the front of your X-Rack.
Don't forget that Total Recall is available as standard on the entire SSL X-Rack range, too.
SSL XLogic X-Rack VHD Input Module Overview
• Electronically balanced ultra-high bandwidth Mic input with +20dB to +70 dB gain control
• Hi-Z and Pad switches on Mic Amp Input
• Dedicated additional XLR Line Input
• Variable Harmonic Drive circuit adds a controllable blend of 2nd or 3rd order Harmonic distortion
• Dedicated Trim control after the VHD stage
• Classic Listen Mic Compressor with fixed attack and release curves...ideal for drums
• High and Low-Pass filters
• Total Recall