Sonnox Fraunhofer Pro-Codec
- product images
- product info
- product specs
The revolutionary Sonnox Fraunhofer Pro-Codec plug-in enables the auditioning, encoding and decoding of audio with codecs such as mp3 and AAC, making it possible to produce online-ready mixes in real time!
For the first time, the Pro-Codec enables engineers to use Apple’s iTunes Plus codec for real-time auditioning, making it a powerful, time-saving tool to efficiently mix directly for the Mastered for iTunes programme. Now the exact same clipping behaviour of the iTunes encoding chain can be monitored and levels corrected if necessary, saving time and ensuring high quality output during the mixing process. [iTunes Plus codec included in the Mac version only.]
Also integrated into the plug-in are Fraunhofer's own AAC and mp3 codecs, including MPEG Surround and multi-channel AAC formats for surround mixing.
The Pro-Codec's extensive monitoring tools and built-in encoding/decoding features enable mixes to be optimised for specific target formats, ensuring maximum fidelity for final encoding and distribution.
• 64-bit compliant (AU / VST)
• Ability to select up to five codecs for simultaneous export, in real time, to encoded files
• Comprehensive auditioning with glitchless switching
• Ability to audition the difference between input signal and codec output
• AB auditioning in real time between codecs, or between codec and input signal
• ABX mode for blind statistical testing
• Off-line encoding and decoding
• Compatible with many digital audio workstation applications
Native: RTAS, AAX Native, Audio Units and VST
|Short Description||Revolutionary plug-in enabling the auditioning, encoding and decoding of audio with codecs such as mp3 and AAC in real-time|
|Supported Plug-in Format||AU, VST, AAX Native|
|Supported Computer Format||Mac, PC|
- Related items / Alternative products