SP Acoustics SP-25MA Active Studio Monitor (Pair)
- product images
- product info
- product specs
The SP Acoustics SP25MA is a 3-way active studio monitor with Class A/B amplification and high spec DSP system designed to provide the ultimate performance with no sacrifice on cost.
The SP Acoustics SP25MA uses an acoustically inert sealed cabinet using a unique Constrained Layer Damped technology consisting of a layer of high quality MDF lined with ceramic which cancels any vibration of the cabinet avoiding unwanted colouration of the sound.
All drivers are vertically aligned to provide perfect off-axis horizontal frequency and phase response and can be used as main monitors or near-field in large studio applications. The Low and Mid drivers use a Under Hung Voice Coil design use an extra deep magnet gap and unusually short voice coil winding depth ensuring the voice coil is contained within the same magnetic flux, reducing harmonic distortion while delivering extra-long cone excursion.
The SP25MA features Class A/B amplification for each band to provide clean and powerful signal optimised for each drivers. A three-way 24-bit/ 96kHz digital crossover provides huge headroom and super dynamic response.
Anodised Aluminium cones are employed to provide superior performance throughout the frequency range of the monitors as well as heat sinking to keep the voice coil cool. This increases the power handling while reducing thermal compression.
The SP25MA can be used as a Main monitor in smaller studio or nearfield in large facilities.
SP Acoustics SP25M Overview:
- Active 3-way Studio Monitor
- Class A/B Amplification
- 24bit/96kHz Digital Crossover
- Infinite baffle design offers superior transient response
- Acoustically Inert Constrained Layer Damped cabinet
- High quality UHVC drivers ensure minimal harmonic distortion
- Perfect Off-axis horizontal and phase response
- Aluminium cones
- Hand-wired crossovers with audiophile capacitors and hand-wound inductors
SP Acoustics SP25M Specifications:
- Tweeter: 3/4” (19mm) selected fabric dome
- Mid Drivers: 4” (100mm) critically terminated paper cone.
- Bass Drivers: 6 1/2” (165mm) hardened aluminium cones.
- Frq. Response: 45Hz - 35kHz (+/- 3dB room corrected)
- Input: Balanced XLR
- Max SPL: 110 dB
- Power Output: 250 Watt (100W/75W/75W)
- Standby Power: 8 Watt
- Max Power In: For use with Amps up to 300W
- Crossover: Hard wired, 2nd order topology throughout.
- Sensitivity: 85 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 6 Ohm
- Dimensions: 600mm(H) x 350mm(D) x 250mm(W)
- Cabinet: 35 litre. Dual chamber, Ceramic CLD construction.
- Weight: 28 kg each
- Shipping Weight: 33 kg each
|Short Description||Uncompromising 3-way active monitor with Class A/B amplification, high spec DSP crossover, acoustically inert sealed cabinet|
|Demo in Store||Yes|
|LF Driver Size||6 1/2"|
|Horizontal or Vertical||Vertical|
- Related items / Alternative products