The Alpha-Link MADI AX is a 2U 24-bit, standalone, digital audio converter with 64 channels of MADI optical connection at 48kHz (32 channels when used at 96kHz),with 24 channels of analogue-to-digital conversion and 24 channels of ADAT I/O.
The MADI connections on the Alpha-Link AX not only allow you to connect to other SSL equipment, they can integrate with any other MADI based systems. Since it is a standalone device, the Alpha-Link AX is designed to be compatible with almost any DAW.
The front panel controls are clear and well laid-out and give easy conversion between formats. Unlike similar units, the Alpha-Link MADI also allows you to access all digital and analogue I/Os simultaneously - a very useful feature that means you don't have to disable one, to check the other, thus achieving maximum flexibility.
The MADI AX also has Word Clock I/O, letting you sync to video, as well as allowing the AX to be the master clock for a number of other devices.
Equipped with MIDI I/O, the SSL Alpha-Link MADI AX also has a TDM multipin port on the back and a front-panel headphone jack socket.
SSL XLogic Alpha-Link MADI AX Overview:
• 56 or 64 MADI digital inputs and outputs at up to 48kHz, 28 or 32 MADI digital inputs and outputs at up to 96kHz.
• 24 balanced analogue inputs and outputs with SSL enhanced AD DA at up to 96kHz on D-Sub connectors (for use with D-Sub to XLR looms).
• Word/SuperClock input and output.
• Video Sync input functionality for the WordClock input: the Video Sync. signal can be converted to WordClock internally and transmitted via the WordClock output.
• MIDI input and output.
• Connects to Mixpander via Expansion Bus port.
• All input and output channels can be used simultaneously in any configuration.
• Comprehensive input/output routing & mode selection matrix
• Analogue input/output metering via 24 tricolour LEDs