Thermionic Culture Solo Vulture
- product images
- product info
- product specs
The Thermionic Culture Solo Vulture is a single channel distortion box designed for guitars or other instruments.
The Thermionic Culture Solo Vulture is different from the original Culture Vulture and features a unique design still based around the unusual 6AS6 valve. Unique sets of features include two switchable signal paths which are controlled by a toggle switch on the front panel or with a footswitch for stage use.
Designed primarily for guitarists, the Solo Vulture has a clean channel which takes the signal straight from the first stage to the output stage adding minimal colouration. On the other hand the Dry channel adds further amplification before reaching the distortion valve before reaching the output valve. Switching between the clean and dirty channel is done through a noiseless switching circuit using transistors to switch vactrols. This clever design ensures that no solid-state components are employed in the audio path.
Like on the original Culture Vulture, the Solo Vulture features a Distortion Type switch which lets you switch between Triode and Pentode modes, however this is augmented in this mono unit with two SQ modes which are designed for extreme settings, squashing the sound in a truly unique way. The Bias control lets you control the amount of Bias is employed to change how the distortion valve reacts thinning or fattening up the sound as desired. The included meter display the amount of current going through the 6AS6 valve.
Like all Thermionic Culture designs, Inputs and outputs are unbalanced except for the Line in on the back which is designed as “semi floating” to accommodate signals coming from DAW without degradation.
Thermionic Culture Solo Vulture Main Features:
- Extra "SQ" features for more extreme effects;
- Presence lift (broad);
- Mid Lift for precise sharp control (previously only on Anniversary Vultures);
- Low Pass filter on rotary switch;
- DI on front will take guitars & basses with ample boost for "dirty" effects;
- Clean & Dirty channels to compare extra effects;
- Silent switching between channels by switch on front panel or
- Foot switch (not supplied) can be used via jack on front panel;
- Stage & studio uses; All valve signal path – no solid state even in switching;
- High output with simultaneous low level out for amps, etc.;
- Quality Build - handmade in England.
|Short Description||Single Channel box for guitar and instruments inspired by the highly popular Culture Vulture|
|Demo in Store||N/A|
|Channel Count||Single Channel|