Thermionic Culture The Swift Stereo Valve EQ
- product images
- product info
- product specs
The Thermionic Culture The Swift is a stereo valve EQ designed for tracking individual instruments or mixbuss applications.
The Thermionic Culture The Swift is inspired by 1950’s EMI desks but includes extended top and low bands. At its core, it uses a Baxandall three-band design augmented by a Presence section which brings a broad band lift to the high-mid range and high frequencies, employing Vic Keary’s 1963’s original design. Mid lift controls are inspired by Pultec designs and as such are completely passive and only features a choice of four frequencies and three Q settings.
The Swift includes additional features such as a Mid cut and Air bands, which employ a passive design as well as a high, pass filter. By combining the high-pass filter and the bass lift at 50 or 100Hz it is possible to emulate the classic pultec effect.
This powerful EQ boasts four valves including two 5965 on the input and two ECC802S/6189 on the output. All pots are continuously variable for finer degree of control.
Thermionic Culture The Swift Main Features:
- Shelving bass and treble lift/cut controls at 2 frequencies each
- Mid cut and lift at 4 frequencies each with three “Q” combinations
- TC presence and air controls
- A switchable high pass filter with a special last position which, used with bass lift, can be a very interesting combination
- Adjustable gain in .75 dB steps
- Custom-made in England using the same chassis as the classic Phoenix and the same
- Valves (Tubes) as its Little Red Bustard
|Short Description||Stereo valve EQ designed for tracking individual instruments or mixbuss applications.|
|Demo in Store||No|
|Valve / Solid State||N/A|
|High Pass Filter||N/A|
|Low Pass Filter||N/A|
|High Frequency Range||N/A|
|High Mid Frequency Range||N/A|
|Mid Frequency Range||N/A|
|Low Mid Frequency Range||N/A|
|Low Frequency Range||N/A|
- Related items / Alternative products
- Recently viewed items